Trackmania Turbo

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Dwight, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010

Trackmania Turbo by Dwight at 3:54 AM (2,521 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Dwight
    OP

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/4/15/news/73689/

Saw this on GameFAQs (releasing North America 5/17) and not only was it unexpected, but it was great news! I loved trackmania DS and this one is bringing a much needed wifi mode. This along side the release of TMWii should make this a great month for trackmania fans.

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I also loved TrackMania DS. love the PC games as well. Just heard about this one a few days ago, can't wait for it and TrackMania Wii.

3. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    wow so this will be released in about 2 weeks? can't wait!

4. Dwight
    OP

United States
    I'm surprised that there isn't more of a response to this. I thought that you guys loved the first one. Anyway I can't wait lol

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    TrackMania was alright, the best part was the track editor. The gameplay was cool, only if you had a friend.

6. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The DS version was pretty good, but like most of the racing games by this developer, it had a little "jank" to it.

I really dig this developer (their name escapes me, atm), but the vehicle handling and physics in their games are often a bit too floaty for me. I felt GRID had some really odd collision issues on DS, too.

But yeah, definitely jazzed to give this a look.

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I hope in this one you can actually race against CPU opponents and not just for lap times or against ghost-cars or to just make it to the end of the track. That kind of killed the first one for me. 150 tracks sounds great, but they'll be kinda pointless if I have no CPU opponents to race against. I'd say the WiFi would be OK for racing, but we all know that will be full of cheaters 10 seconds after it releases. Besides, I'm kinda anti-social and don't play games online at all, so it needs to have a good single player experience where I can race the CPU or I'll lose interest in the game very quickly.

8. Dwight
    OP

United States
    Your points are valid, but the thing is that Trackmania is not a kart racer by any means. If you've ever played Trackmania on PC, you'll know that Trackmania focuses solely on time trials, and some people love it, and some people don't. Personally, I'm really glad that they decided to keep the DS version true to the PC one, as it just wouldn't be Trackmania anymore if they had changed it. I really enjoyed going through all the tracks (I didn't get platinum, or even gold, on most tracks, but I still unlocked everything) and I'm glad that there was a ton of them.

But yeah like I said, I guess it just really boils down to how you want to play a racing game, but regardless, I'm glad that they decided to give the DS version a sequel, since it was great for Trackmania on the go, and I'm really glad that they decided to give us a Wii game. Can't wait for these releases!

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I like pushing the opponents into the walls or spinning them out "cop style" or just physically blocking them from passing me. Can't do that with ghost cars. For me, lap times mean squat, it's what position I come in that matters to me.

If what Dwight just said is true, I'll probably end up passing on Trackmania Turbo then.

10. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    All your comments make me curious about this game. I've seen some screenshots of Trackmania DS and it's not my racing game type, but I'll look forward to this sequel, maybe they make some improvement.

11. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    cheaters? your gonna have to wait to see what cheats DO come out for it. [​IMG]

12. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Sounds great, liked the first one, didn't love it though.
    I hope this one will be less buggy (I tend to get stuck in loops and bounce back after a jump a lot).
    And the rally part needs less sensitive steering, while the stadium needs more sensitive steering.
    If they make that happen, this will become the new best ds racing game.

EDIT: Just read a rumor that it might be delayed in Europe (notice how it doesn't say anything about US) until September 2010 [​IMG]

13. Dwight
    OP

United States
    Yeah the Rally controls really needed to be fixed. I found that if you went into first person mode it was much better, but that it's still much more fun in first person. Would you mind linking to this rumor? The first one got released in Europe way before the US, so we'd probably be screwed if it did get pushed back that far.

14. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    3 new areas mean WIN.

though i already knew about this a while ago.

15. Dwight
    OP

United States
    Delayed until July 20th according to gamefaqs [​IMG]

16. Gutentag

Banned Gutentag Banned

Germany
    SWEET, I made a review for the first Trackmania on DS and one of my only issues with it was lack of wifi: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116694

17. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    I'm not sure where I read it anymore, sorry...