Hacking Toukiden Kiwami - Want to start translation

Do you want an English translation for the Menu/Items/Quests/Equipment/etc?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wouldn't this be even more of a grey area than the other translations though?
The game has now been given an official release date in the west for both the Vita and PS4 (March 27), I guess they skipped the PSP version because the system is 'dead' in the west, like they did with the first.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Wouldn't this be even more of a grey area than the other translations though?
The game has now been given an official release date in the west for both the Vita and PS4 (March 27), I guess they skipped the PSP version because the system is 'dead' in the west, like they did with the first.

Excuse me for asking but are the scripts for the kiwami vita and psp version th same

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Excuse me for asking but are the scripts for the kiwami vita and psp version th same

I'm assuming it's the same thing as the original, pretty much all the same game and story wise but with really crappy graphics (compared to the Vita version).
1371824117-5.jpg

They don't even look remotely the same people.

I'm guessing if it was possible to extract the text from the Vita game and put it on the PSP game, it'd most likely be the same (although it might have some differences in tutorials and other minor stuff due to the Vita having extra functionalities). Doing that however, would really go from grey area to pitch dark one.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I'm assuming it's the same thing as the original, pretty much all the same game and story wise but with really crappy graphics (compared to the Vita version).
1371824117-5.jpg

They don't even look remotely the same people.

I'm guessing if it was possible to extract the text from the Vita game and put it on the PSP game, it'd most likely be the same (although it might have some differences in tutorials and other minor stuff due to the Vita having extra functionalities). Doing that however, would really go from grey area to pitch dark one.

Im just wondering what if we could find someone who has I vita English version and then get them to play through the game and write down all the English storyline as well as the nenu translations

And then all we would need is a hacker to extract the psp script of the game and just
Technically Copy and paste lol

Seriously do you think that'd possible
I am pretty sure it's virtually impossible to get the vita script from the vita Iso

So having someone type up or take pictures would be the quickest way

That way we would only need a hacker/programmer and the translator can just proof read the Japanese and not actually translate it

I was wondering if that's remotely possible
Not only with kiwami but Danganronpa 2 aswell

Since kiwami and dangabronpa 2 already have vita English language releases

The graphics look sucky on the psp version of kiwami lol byt id still play the game if it's in English regardless of the graphics

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Im just wondering what if we could find someone who has I vita English version and then get them to play through the game and write down all the English storyline as well as the nenu translations

And then all we would need is a hacker to extract the psp script of the game and just
Technically Copy and paste lol

Seriously do you think that'd possible
I am pretty sure it's virtually impossible to get the vita script from the vita Iso

So having someone type up or take pictures would be the quickest way

That way we would only need a hacker/programmer and the translator can just proof read the Japanese and not actually translate it

I was wondering if that's remotely possible
Not only with kiwami but Danganronpa 2 aswell

Since kiwami and dangabronpa 2 already have vita English language releases

The graphics look sucky on the psp version of kiwami lol byt id still play the game if it's in English regardless of the graphics

I just gave a hypothetical scenario, I know very well it's not possible for now. And like I said, doing that would be actually illegal.
Translating a game that has already been officially localized is bad enough.

The main reason for fan translations, is to enable players to play a game that they would otherwise, never be able to play due to language barriers.
Kanjitani stopped working on the translation of Tales of Hearts, when Tales of Hearts R got announced (which is a re-imagination as they called it and not even the exact same game apart from the story).
The reason why Danganroppa games weren't officialy localised, was because the PSP was already dead (and also because piracy is rampant on it nowadays).
But the games are still available, on another system.
It might not be possible to play them "NOW", but maybe you'll be able to play them "LATER".

Sadly, a lot of people these days seem to think that it's ok to pirate in order to play a translated game, when people should actually own the game to play said patch.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I just gave a hypothetical scenario, I know very well it's not possible for now. And like I said, doing that would be actually illegal.
Translating a game that has already been officially localized is bad enough.

The main reason for fan translations, is to enable players to play a game that they would otherwise, never be able to play due to language barriers.
Kanjitani stopped working on the translation of Tales of Hearts, when Tales of Hearts R got announced (which is a re-imagination as they called it and not even the exact same game apart from the story).
The reason why Danganroppa games weren't officialy localised, was because the PSP was already dead (and also because piracy is rampant on it nowadays).
But the games are still available, on another system.
It might not be possible to play them "NOW", but maybe you'll be able to play them "LATER".

Sadly, a lot of people these days seem to think that it's ok to pirate in order to play a translated game, when people should actually own the game to play said patch.

That sucks. But I hope both are translated
I mean when Dangonronpa 1 was translated the original creators didn't mind that the psp version was being translated

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That sucks. But I hope both are translated
I mean when Dangonronpa 1 was translated the original creators didn't mind that the psp version was being translated

When the first game was translated, the Vita version wasn't planned yet.
The translation group dropped the second game as soon as NISA announced they were going to release it for the Vita.

And Tales of Hearts R has already been released in English. My main reason for buying a Vita was the remake of a DS game (the original Hearts was for the DS), also bought Sword Art and many other RPG's that got English releases to give my support (even though the SAO translation is far from the best, it's tolerable).

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if im not mistaken,they drop it cuz there is already EN ver in psv,can do nothing about it >.<
Yes, you are mistaken. [user]1NSaNe[/user] just disappeared (again) and left us in the darkness (with some documents for reference, but you get the context... :huh: ).

Redie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap.... i wish it would be english already. I want to know the story and the freaking items to make the freaking equipments!

bktsuna10

Trophies
XP
Country
Give me a link if you guys finish translating this.. Oh wait... they dropped the project right ? Oh well, it's free to get my hopes up!.. Hahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?