Hacking Touch sensitive screen taken out of DSi?

Cashoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
deta12.com
XP
Country
I was using Homebrew app 'Colors' on my DSL and the pressure sensitivity works perfectly, but when I use it on my DSi there's no pressure sensitivity at all. Is this limitation of running it in DS mode or have they removed the pressure sensitive screen?

D

Deleted-119707

i dont think its the limitation running in ds mode. perhaps they did remove it. maybe nintendo didnt know they had a touch sensitive screen.

you have probably tried this, but tried callibrating the sensitivity? what numbers come up?

OR, wait for the app to be updated.

Cashoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
deta12.com
XP
Country
nicky041192 said:
i dont think its the limitation running in ds mode. perhaps they did remove it. maybe nintendo didnt know they had a touch sensitive screen.

you have probably tried this, but tried callibrating the sensitivity? what numbers come up?

When I calibrate it, it sets it too 0.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
nicky041192 said:
Lol. Unlikely. The guy already abandoned the DS version and is now developing solely for the iPhone version, since he can charge people money to download that one.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo removed it because they never used it, so why spend money on shit you don't use...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either that, or DSi just doesn't have that. Didn't know they had a pressure sensitive screen. o.O Either way, it might just be the homebrew not liking the DSi.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cashoo said:
kwartel said:
Nintendo removed it because they never used it, so why spend money on shit you don't use...

I don't see why developers never used it though. Seems like quite a good feature for some games.
Telling people to press harder on the touch screen is a bad idea in general.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Cashoo said:
kwartel said:

I don't see why developers never used it though. Seems like quite a good feature for some games.
Telling people to press harder on the touch screen is a bad idea in general.

I lol'd.

*imagines a moron with a DS, reads that, stabs the stylus through the screen, then baws to Nintendo that they made him break it.*

Kwartel

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
32zq547.jpg

LOL

(is the top screen, but who cares)

Kwartel

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jamstruth said:
What I love about that is that if you take the top part off you can still use it as a GBA using the bottom screen
biggrin.gif
Well good luck ripping the top screen off

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
kwartel said:
Jamstruth said:
What I love about that is that if you take the top part off you can still use it as a GBA using the bottom screen
biggrin.gif
thats the easy part...
the hard part is playing GBA games without the retro GBA blippiness that made the GBA so GBAish...

DSi sucks anyways, a couple of useless features and piracy protection? no thanks.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
thats the easy part...
the hard part is playing GBA games without the retro GBA blippiness that made the GBA so GBAish...

Speaker grip/make a little speaker thing yourself to plug into the headphone socket

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Aug 12 2009, 04:18 PM) DSi sucks anyways, a couple of useless features and piracy protection? no thanks.

Agreed. I'll consider it once its been cracked wide open and there's decent homebrew out that utilises the extra power housed in its CPU. (Quake 2 DSi?)

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, back on topic, I'm pretty sure that the DSi does not, in fact, have a pressure sensitive screen...I think they did this because for one, nobody ever used it, and for another, the touch screen on the DSi has marginally less resistance to the touch...it's a bit nicer to use for most games.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kwartel said:
Jamstruth said:
biggrin.gif
Too bad there's no sound... My nephew took it off some way or another and he used it as a GBA.
tongue.gif

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Chrono_Tata said:
nicky041192 said:
Lol. Unlikely. The guy already abandoned the DS version and is now developing solely for the iPhone version, since he can charge people money to download that one.
Wrong. Jesse, Colors! original developper, immediatly tried Colors! on the new DSi and posted on Gbadev his results. It seems like Nintendo removed pressure sensitivity from the DSi touchscreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8