Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
okay guys, i got just a few questions
biggrin.gif

here we go:

i won a psp on ebay, its a psp slim running 1.5 firmware. the seller said it WAS running cfw, but it was downgraded to firmware 1.5. i haven't got the psp yet, it'll arrive on tomoro.

my questions: is this psp capable of running hombrew WITHOUT any cfw's? or would it be better to upgrade it? on what version should it be upgraded then?

there's so many topics regarding that crap on the internet, and although it should be helpful, it's more confusing hehe. sorry if those questions have been answered here before, but i couldn't find anything that helped me
smile.gif

thanks.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to have a slim with 1.5 firmware, unless you have timemachine running on it, but then it's not actually running 1.5, just loading it from the memory stick, so are you sure what you're getting is a slim?

Now for your questions!:
If you're really getting a 1.5 in, it is capable of running homebrew without CFW, but it would be best to upgrade it, to the latest version m33 firmware(see http://dark-alex.org/index_psp.php) When upgrading from 1.5, I'm pretty sure you need to update to 3.52 custom firmware first, then 3.90. Not positive on this though, I never had to do that, however I'm pretty sure I read you have to do that before

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm i was wondering about the 1.5 firmware as well; the seller said that she had the psp modded before but it's currently running 1.5 firmware. maybe she just doesn't know : p
thanks for that! i knew that you can't uprgade it from 1.5 to 3.90 instantly, but you have to install previous versions beforehand.

i'll let you know if the seller wrote back regarding the issue with the 1.5 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked