Bozza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys
1st off, found this site 3 days ago and been reading this entire 66 page thread, have to say that this modmii sounds amazing, so I bought a Wii. Downloaded the latest modmii (btw totally new at anything like this so I knew it wouldnd be plain sailing).

Anyways, basically I got to the point where I have to install a payched IOS236 although I have no idea what it is, all went fine and the modmii guide that is generated says skip step 2, although the message I go on my Wii ment I needed to do step 2 (basically if you wanted to use backed up games)

It now gives me a msg saying Im a pirate and says I will have to try harder if I want to install IOS236 so Im totally screwed, I even read the next step which was installing WADS and other IOS but even when I look in the menus there is no IOS236 to be found. Could someone please offer any advice.

Many many thanks in advance

Guys sorry just noticed I should have put this in the modmii sticky but cant find a way to do it. Sorry.

Bozza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox

Thank you so much for that fast reply, I will have a read of that, does it matter that my SDcard already has a load of files from the modmii package as I decided thatr would be the best way for me to go, or can I just use the guide you have given me a link to just to add the IOS236?

Many thanks again

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bozza said:
JKR Firefox

Thank you so much for that fast reply, I will have a read of that, does it matter that my SDcard already has a load of files from the modmii package as I decided thatr would be the best way for me to go, or can I just use the guide you have given me a link to just to add the IOS236?

Many thanks again

Follow the guide I gave you. Download whatever they tell you to download from the provided links. Just delete everything else you have so far to avoid confusion.

Basically you should have an empty SD card and that page open in your browser. If you have any issues, reply here or PM me.

?EYEHATE?

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would stick with modmii. Way better guide, post in the sticky and xflak will help you out no problem. as far as offsite guides I wouldnt trust any of them. too many idiots taking the same info and rewording it and leaving things out. ModMii is 100% the best guide/program ever to mod a wii

Bozza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKR
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, I have had a look at the guide that you sent me a link for and Im not sure it will help me achieve what I want.I have restarted the modmii guide that is generated when you put your info in (i.e what firmware etc) and it has worked, I am now at the stage where I have put a couple of games on the harddrive but it is not recognised, I think I will continue with Modmii but again thanks for your time.

?EYEHATE?
Thankyou too for responding too,Im not sure I willbe able to post what I need help with exactly as it is unethical.Basically I can not get the Wii to recognise any games on the hdd, it loads the windows up for a few seconds and then returns to the menu screen.

If you have any ideas let me know but I will post in the sticky if I see no responses

Thanks again both of you

?EYEHATE?

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak will help you with anything u need, go ahead and post in he modmii thread with exactly whats not working. Xflak is a good friend and really nice guy.

lol@ethics

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
?EYEHATE? said:
I would stick with modmii. Way better guide, post in the sticky and xflak will help you out no problem. as far as offsite guides I wouldnt trust any of them. too many idiots taking the same info and rewording it and leaving things out. ModMii is 100% the best guide/program ever to mod a wii

Have you ever used this guide? One of the best on the web and idiot-proof. Don't knock something you've never tried.

?EYEHATE?

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read over it so dont assume i didnt. it has a lot of steps that are a bit pointless IMO, and doesnt exactly tell you what youre doing. but im not here to tell why i dont like that guide. Im here to tell this guy that he started with modmii and he shoudl finish with it before this other guide has him do something pointless. besides hes not askin for help on lifehacker.com hes asking here

Bozza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys

Please, dont worry about it, I really appreiate the help you offered, I have now sorted it. As I was totally new at this I wanted to finish with modmii as I started with it. I posted as suggested in the modmii sticky (which I thought I had but started a completely new thread) and was asked if I had used the usb config from modmii, in my excitement of getting the homebrew channel on my Wii I had completely forgotten about this, so I used it, and got further but was unable to play a back up, I found out that the game had to go in the WBFS folder, if you are interested the post can be read on page 67 of the modmii sticky. The console is now softmodded and works as it should. I willbemaking a donation to Xflac as soon as I get a paypal account sorted.

Again, thanks for your helpand input.

Regards

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for donating to Xflak! Again, don't worry about ethics here. 99.99% of the people using ModMii are softmodding for the same reason you are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night