Gaming TOTAL PSP NOOB! :D

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,i Have been thinking of getting a psp after I saw this,and before getting one,I was wondering,is it able to play a japanese iso if it is an american version? also,could I get some links that would help me to be able to play isos on it,some tutorials,maybe? i've already got many reasons to persuade to my dad to get me one,but I just have to learn a convenient(and safe!) way to pirate it and such. Thanks, and Yay PSP!
yaypsp.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh,alright,thats one down,alot more to go!
biggrin.gif
. some guy on youtube was arguing over a bunch of other people,saying that he played japanese/european games on an american psp,and none worked,except for the american ones. anyways,thanks.
smile.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Konata-Chan said:
Hi,i Have been thinking of getting a psp after I saw this,and before getting one,I was wondering,is it able to play a japanese iso if it is an american version? also,could I get some links that would help me to be able to play isos on it,some tutorials,maybe? i've already got many reasons to persuade to my dad to get me one,but I just have to learn a convenient(and safe!) way to pirate it and such. Thanks, and Yay PSP!
yaypsp.gif
Go for the softmod guide in the psp section.
tongue.gif
Though softmodding is really simple. (well if it's hackable)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That you can't permanently write a custom firmware but can temporarily bump one into RAM. It stays there so long as you utilise sleep mode but must be "re-installed" every time you hard reset.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a psp 2000 that's white and am interested in learning the ins and outs too. I believe it's a 2001 and has the 3.60 firmware, but I bought it used so I'm not sure if that's what it came with. Some searching on the web seemed to point that the first firmware the 2000's came with was 3.60. So if that is true, it would seem mine was never updated and has a fully modifiable board. I'll be watching this thread for any help and also adding whatever I happen to run across on the net. I found a page earlier that stated it was possible to apply CFW without a pandora battery, but being new to psp modding I shall neither believe nor back anything I found on a random site.
ph34r.gif
Go ninja go ninja go!
ph34r.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you guys go to buy a psp 2000? i wanted a brand new psp 2000,but with a motherboard that is hackable,and I have been searching on the internet,and havent found one yet.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased mine at a pawn shop so it wasn't new, but in fairly good condition.(The screen has way less marks than any I found at any gamestop and all it was missing was one battery cover, a mere, cheap, and easy fix.) Even got a 2gb pro duo with it, car charger and a case, all for $80! Just search around, patience is a virtue, and you'll find a good deal too. Mines white but I might change that here soon, I need to figure out if the motherboard can take cfw though, as it seems it's hit or miss.
rolleyes.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it can...and it can make Pandora Batteries too. It's a TA-085

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play psp on television.. you should buy older 2001 for a hackable and you can play on television really nicely.
wink.gif

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you really want a new one that's fully hackable, search on Amazon (assuming you can buy online, if not disregard this) for "PSP Daxter Pack", "PSP God of War Pack", or "PSP Star Wars Pack" and get one of those, they're guaranteed to be hackable (as long as no one tampered with them).

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out mine is the star wars edition, but being the battery cover was missing (as well as vader's melon), it didn't seem 100% sure (or at least I didn't) that it was hackable. Got cfw on there now, didn't even need a pandora, just the usb cable i bought for data transfer and charging at home being it came with only the car charger. I'd do as the above said, check amazon, ebay...whatever. If your pops don't wanna use his card on the net just tell him to buy you a gift card you can use over the net (walmart and such sell em) and you should be good to go...
grog.gif
yay.gif
grog.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha,all right,thanks! i might get a god of war LE pack,but if it's too expensive,ill keep searching. I found a couple of nicee deals on ebay and craigslist.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i plan on getting one at gamestop,only problem is,i want a piano black one,and the thread here says that the american piano black does not have a date code on them....
frown.gif
is there any other way to find out if the psp 2000 is hackable or not just by looking at it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou