Torrent manager on N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by narukyuubito, Mar 10, 2016.

1. narukyuubito
    OP

narukyuubito Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    HELLO, I'd like to know is there a CIA or a torrent 3dsx his manager will nice to be able to download all and quietly with his N3DS:)
    utorrent or bitorrent+++++

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    None exist and they probably never will sorry

3. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    Never say never...but certainly none currently exsist and it would be a rather large undertaking.

Minnow likes this.
  4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Doable yes but it would be quite slow

5. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Honest questio:, what kind fo non-copyrighted files that big enough, so you need to torrent instead of downloading from free hosting files?

I rather want a homebrew browser app that support all/some popular free file hosting on 3DS.

Last edited by tivu100, Mar 10, 2016
  6. narukyuubito
    OP

narukyuubito Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    download 100 kb/s for New3ds, anime manga, serie tv etc ... I think its enough damage. a download manager on his New3ds be cool and convenient. wait and see

7. dubbz82

Feb 2, 2014
    United States

Obligatory answer - someone wants to seed Linux distros from their 3ds. Realistic answer, this would be used almost exclusively for piracy and nothing else.

I pwned U!, CeeDee, Noelemahc and 5 others like this.
  8. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    All of them definitely wouldn't be possible, I keep finding a bunch of free file hosting sites that aren't very well known at all. To try and support all of them would take an eternity to do.

9. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    But what would you pirate? Except for maybe music (but who uses their 3DS for music?), movies and whatnot would have to be in a format specifically for the 3DS, which don't typically get uploaded.

TheKawaiiDesu and Tomato Hentai like this.
  10. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Before I had a phone I used my 3DS for music extremely often. Even now I still do use it for music from time to time.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  11. dubbz82

Feb 2, 2014
    United States

Games, I'd imagine.

12. MarcusD

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    a pixel between life and death
    It wouldn't be that possible because of the 3DS's crappy WiFi card. Even on the new3DS, the WiFi would be the limiting factor, and not other stuff. I think the 3DS's WiFi card just wouldn't be able to handle more than ~50-100 simultaneous connections without completely dying. Otherwise it would be even possible on the old3DS with a well-optimized opensoos torrent client :P

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  13. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    I sure as hell dont the 3ds is the worst thing i can think of for movies and music. id rather use my psp for that.

14. narukyuubito
    OP

narukyuubito Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    just think of a torrent manager of 50-100 kb / s anime manga and TV series, which thinks its piracy 3ds games only commits the states of mind. I ask a homebrew to be able to move without my pc, download the episode of bleach or one punch man etc ... without lugging his laptop. the New3ds had to be perfect but as said above will be his crappy or not fesable (sorry google trad) I speak french

15. Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM Board Game Dev

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I'd love this. Even if it's slow, and especially if it runs by default when the lid is closed.

If theme downloads and whatnot moved to torrent trackers the speed wouldn't be an issue as the file sizes are low. Not having to download to PC then transfer would be extremely handy for things like themes, badges, homebrew downloads, and whatnot.

16. MlgPro

MlgPro Yeah... I dont even know why YOU stopped by

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    EARTH
    Ok so let me get this straight the author of this post wants to use torrents on a 3ds?
    It's not like you could use anything in there

17. narukyuubito
    OP

narukyuubito Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    remember without abusing thing, our microSD card can take a big hit from a dead. otherwise our experts may bossent hard on an MP4 30/60fps. for me they are great thank you and good luck.
    VIVA New3ds. Old 3DS Pfff

18. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    Torrents needs RAM and a not too bad CPU. 3DS is just not powerful enough, even if someone could get it working (and that's very unlikely), it would be slow as hell, you couldn't imagine.

Sorry guys, but you can forget it, it's not gonna happen.

19. MlgPro

MlgPro Yeah... I dont even know why YOU stopped by

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    EARTH
    Yeah just like downgrading 104-10.6 it was impossible until 2 days ago

20. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    You're not making any sense. It's an hardware issue.

Downgrade relies on exploits, and exploits are software, we can discover new exploits. You can't "improve" the hardware.

Tomato Hentai likes this.