Homebrew Torrent manager on N3DS

D

Deleted User

Torrents needs RAM and a not too bad CPU. 3DS is just not powerful enough, even if someone could get it working (and that's very unlikely), it would be slow as hell, you couldn't imagine.

Sorry guys, but you can forget it, it's not gonna happen.
My current laptop has 2GB of RAM and even that has issues downloading torrents, I don't see how a 3DS could do it at all.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My current laptop has 2GB of RAM and even that has issues downloading torrents, I don't see how a 3DS could do it at all.

Well, 2GB is more than enough. Your problems are probably related to CPU/connection speed.
And it doesn't work the same way, as your OS/apps are also using RAM. The 3DS works in a different way, since it can use almost all the RAM of the device (but I'm a sysadmin, not a 3DS expert, i could be wrong on this one. That said, it doesn't change anything : 256MB RAM is just not enough ^^).

Reactions: Deleted User

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not unless u were to hardmod it

An hardmod has nothing to do. It can write information on the NAND, that's it. You're not gonna change your CPU or add more RAM with it.

Please learn the difference between software and hardware before saying whatever comes to your mind...

Reactions: Deleted User

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean the old downgrade for 10.5 required a hard mod so acording to your theory couldn't they put a RAM on the 3ds itself

It's not a "theory", it's a fact. And an hardmod is just a wiring between your computer and the 3DS NAND. Basically it acts as an SD card.

An hardmod WON'T improve your 3DS specs.

narukyuubito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it reminds me of an old rotten speech that n3ds could not emulate the psx's made a bad CPU / RAM and some technical limitation but with time here we have retroarch with some good games turning a 60fps

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qBittorrent runs on my computer, seeding 2 torrents, leeching 2 torrents using only 36 MB of memory and 5% of my super shitty processor.

I'm fairly certain the 3DS has the hardware for a torrent client.

The only real bottleneck is the wifi chip, and I'm fine with slow speeds as I'd primarily use it for small files or overnight downloads.

Last edited by Arseface_TM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)