Gaming torrent downloading

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
how about using onion router?

i use it when i go overseas.. so i can still continue downloading stuff on torrents.

btw: onion router is a network p2p application that spreadout your connection request on to many relays (its about 1800relays for now) and its usually encrypted.

so its like... your behind 1700+ proxy in random..
laugh.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dnniwa485 said:
how about using onion router?

i use it when i go overseas.. so i can still continue downloading stuff on torrents.

btw: onion router is a network p2p application that spreadout your connection request on to many relays (its about 1800relays for now) and its usually encrypted.

so its like... your behind 1700+ proxy in random..
laugh.gif
Tor is never a good idea for downloading torrents.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
i cant beleive that you posted a 2006 news? wtf?!

hey dude.. TOR is more improved now /// look at the date if you forgot.. its year 2010.. and you think those..

read the official WiKi.. only exitnopdes in US are not allowed for Torrent transfers... other than that.. you can use the nodes in US relays as a bridges and use the other countries as a exitnodes... bleh.

btw: they totally unblock it.. fyi

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dnniwa485 said:
i cant beleive that you posted a 2006 news? wtf?!

hey dude.. TOR is more improved now /// look at the date if you forgot.. its year 2010.. and you think those..

read the official WiKi.. only exitnopdes in US are not allowed for Torrent transfers... other than that.. you can use the nodes in US relays as a bridges and use the other countries as a exitnodes... bleh.

btw: they totally unblock it.. fyi
I can't believe you only look at one and come to your conclusion. wtf?! Besides the other one, posted a few months ago by the torblog itself gives you another reason you shouldn't use it.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Lol, illegal eh? I've downloaded like 500GB of data over the years, through torrents, I never got a single mail or warning from my ISP, even though its illegal here, they just don't care!!!
biggrin.gif

No real copyright/don't download shit/don't pirate rules exist in the Middle East / UAE ; they just don't, not to mention the limted bandwidth quotas we have so you can't really download and do much harm

as per topic: if they haven't caught you yet then chances are they never will, if they do, you get sent a letter home telling you to stop, no real biggie there.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antwill said:
Am0s said:
antwill said:
Am0s said:
first off shh about usenet...
Are you one of those people who go "I was into that band before they were popular"?
Also what, you think the authorities haven't heard of usenet? You think that because someone says it on a forum they will all suddenly find out about it? Talk about being naive... Also if you really did a '5 minute google search'... (wow it took you that long?) then you would have known how easy it is for anyone to bypass the filter based on test results, oh and people bypass the filter in china, go figure.

lol @ the above 2 comments so much negativity, the less said about usenet the better and the more focus on P2P the better that way usenet will be around alot longer.

and yes I know how long usenet has been around

I was gonna leave it at that but this guy antwill needs a full explanation

1) no I am not one of those people "I liked a band first"
2) I know authorities know about usenet, just read the headlines with the bribes to the RIAA for instance
3) no I never said anything about people saying on a forum and it will get clamped down, the more talk of usenet mans more naive pricks like you joining usenet, and that means the focus on usenet will be greater which we dont need
4) do you have anger managment issues? I know they can be bypassed reading about filter chages is the best source of info if they are gonna find it.

well I thought my post was rather informative and all this anger just proves your a dumbass, stay on torrents and get fined WHEN not if you get caught.
Oh man you're hilariously stupid. Please keep up the good work, I enjoy your funny comments... oh wait you weren't joking...
blink.gif
You seriously believe people don't know about usenet? Don't make me laugh.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
"The focus on usenet will be greater which we don't need" I knew it! You ARE one of those people! For your information, seeing as you want to come off as knowledgeable, the only reason so many people don't go with usenet is because it costs money and they are pirates... why would they want to pay to get something when they have a problem with paying for something in the first place. Also you should make use of a spell checker next time. Maybe while you're at it, look up what sarcasm is too.

usenet in england is still a mystery to most folk unlike torrents and peer to peer, heck even the UK government do not even know what IP is, the minister for the digital act thought it was intellectual property not internet protocol, of course torrents is getting hit harder than any other way to download and that is because its 100% free unlike usenet can just bribe their way out of trouble. As for what you say about me well thats just laughable what do you know about me lol, you must be an 10-15yr old kid with so much pent up anger he has to let it go on the forum, ever heard of a 5 knuckle shuffle? try it some time you might be a bit less confrontational and condescending, also you can refer to yourself as the method to achieve the end of your 5 knuckle shuffle.

and yes my spelling is shit thats what happens when you get older get over it.

Edit
oh and if you want to try and insult me further then do it by PM so the thread stays on topic

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
The illegal rule about torrents in Norway is: Is legal to download through torrents, but is illegal to UPLOAD the torrent.
smile.gif
Sounds fair to me ^^

EDIT: Ofc that only applies to things that is actually licensed, they wont give a shit about you downloading a free game and share it for all that matters. And best of all! They wont even catch you if u really shared unless your sharing 5.000 files with a upload rate of over 10 GB in seconds...

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkStriker said:
The illegal rule about torrents in Norway is: Is legal to download through torrents, but is illegal to UPLOAD the torrent.
smile.gif
Sounds fair to me ^^

EDIT: Ofc that only applies to things that is actually licensed, they wont give a shit about you downloading a free game and share it for all that matters. And best of all! They wont even catch you if u really shared unless your sharing 5.000 files with a upload rate of over 10 GB in seconds...
Except due to the very nature of torrents, you're uploading as you download...

Speculant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousin has had to change his IP address 5 times now for torrent-ing. And every time he had to register with a different name.

As for myself, I live in a much smaller town so my ISP doesn't ever monitor my internet activity. Still though, I try to limit myself on what I can't find on eBay or Netflix. Also HD copies of movies I really like, since I don't have a Bluray player.

Speculant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
DarkStriker said:
smile.gif
Sounds fair to me ^^

Not if you limit the upload speed to 0kbps and totally leech the torrent.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
SamAsh07 said:
Lol, illegal eh? I've downloaded like 500GB of data over the years, through torrents, I never got a single mail or warning from my ISP, even though its illegal here, they just don't care!!!
biggrin.gif

No real copyright/don't download shit/don't pirate rules exist in the Middle East / UAE ; they just don't, not to mention the limted bandwidth quotas we have so you can't really download and do much harm

as per topic: if they haven't caught you yet then chances are they never will, if they do, you get sent a letter home telling you to stop, no real biggie there.
For all we know, they could be sitting there compiling a list of offenders, waiting until they have the planning and resources for mass litigation.

In the US, the statute of limitation on civil offenses is generally three years. I'm not as familiar with Australian law, but the fact that you "haven't been caught yet" really means nothing.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urza said:
Maz7006 said:
SamAsh07 said:
biggrin.gif

For all we know, they could be sitting there compiling a list of offenders, waiting until they have the planning and resources for mass litigation.

In the US, the statute of limitation on civil offenses is generally three years. I'm not as familiar with Australian law, but the fact that you "haven't been caught yet" really means nothing.

Once they stop stores that sell Wii/360/Ps2/PC backups from 3-5 $ then i'll worry about this list thank you very much. Plus it doesn't stop with the games, movies, flashcards, pre loaded roms, flashing and modding services, PSP iso's ... really and the gvt is gna bother with piracy issues ? I think not.

Only thing bought and sold legitly here is probably the odd 360 game (for the legit guys) and of course the PS3 games, that's pretty much it; can't really do anything about it. I mean the cost for imports is crazy and plus there is already a 10% VAT on all electronic based tings as they describe it, so basically you end up paying anywhere between 75-80$ for a Ps3 game (considering its a new release) for example, so just imagine if you had bought all your movies, 360 games etc a long with that ... overkill ?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
antwill said:
DarkStriker said:
smile.gif
Sounds fair to me ^^

That is quite not true. I myself uses a torrent program that i myself have turned off uploading. If your torrent program cant even do that then its not worth your time ^^
EDIT: Read a litle further down and saw u guys talking about it. I rather get it myself and not share it. But if the file is legal (Unlicensed anime/manga) by all means will i share it. Its up to them if they want to seed and i wont care at all if i only leech from them. Their choice, my choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy