Hacking topic on wiiso about a new wii ban going around..

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bunch of bull shit. It's just some 10 year old's guess (yes he's really 10) on why he got banned from nintendo wfc. He obviously used ocarina at some point online which is what got him banned. Nintendo does not receive information from what titles you have installed.

Here's the post (formatting and youtube videos are gone):
drgazebo said:
For those of you that have the Homebrew Channel, be careful when you go online! Nintendo has found a new way to ban you!

Nintendo WFC now monitors suspecious activity in all Wii online games that are active on their servers. They will now periodically scan for users with the Homebrew Channel(HBC) on their systems. For those of you who don't know what HBC is, it is an application for Wii users to launch homebrew, including software that are used in hacking Wii games.

Nintendo scans the system's hard drive for a specific file. This file is known as the HAXX Ticket or the HBC Ticket. This ticket is present in all systems with the Homebrew Channel installed. Since most hackers use HBC to hack their games, Nintendo believes that it is an effective way to search out hackers, who will have the HAXX Ticket on their Wii system.

Nintendo then flags the MAC Address (Wii ID) of the system tested positive for the HAXX Ticket. This means that this system will not be able to log on to WFC for a certain period of time that Nintendo sets. This also means all games and FCs related to this Wii ID will be banned. So that includes the banning of ALL your MKWii licenses, your SSBB account, your CoD:WaW profile, your ACCF records and all other WFC IDs you may have.

Nintendo WILL BE BANNING HACKERS OUT THERE ONCE AGAIN!

Nintendo is finally banning hackers of Nintendo WFC again. The ban was issued about 1 hour and 10 minutes ago (July 2nd, 2009). Their last ban was on April 14th, 2009. Considering the time frame between the two bans I expect many people to be banned.

Sorry omar XD but yes NINTENDO can still ban you even without ocarina. IF your JUST PLAYING WITHOUT OCARINA BUT STILL HAVE HOMEBREW YOU COULD GET BANNED sry shouldve made that even more clear

videos of PROOF that the BAN EXISTS
You Tube

You Tube

the 2nd video guy found a way to bypass the ban

all things i was actively using
-homebrew to load usb loader gx rev571
-Call of Duty World at War
-Nintendo Wi-Fi

OK i made lots and lots of gaps. ok NINArm1 is ALSO a hacker! he doesnt like other *noob* hackers, any other questions?
It seems while i was sleeping everyone got mad. There are little sources out there! ok? i didnt cheat online, DID NOT USE OCARINA, and loaded the game with usb loader gx, yet i ended up getting banned

He thinks that since banning exists it's all because of homebrew channel. This is false because banning has existed for a long time and it's because of unauthorized activities on nintendo wfc (i.e. hacking).

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The usual 11yo screaming for attention. Fake.

EDIT: It seems I was off of a year. Oh well. By the way, I thought the entire "Nintendo bans cheaters" thing was fake altogheter?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's still no one you could trust that tells he got banned WITHOUT cheating. Do they really ban MAC adresses, and if yes, is that maybe new?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
There's still no one you could trust that tells he got banned WITHOUT cheating. Do they really ban MAC adresses, and if yes, is that maybe new?
IIRC, I have heard that even those "banned for cheating" weren't really banned at all, and that Nintendo isn't really banning anyone.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Nintendo is banning hackers, I say "GOOD RIDDENS!" I swear! What makes people think it's ok to ruin a good multiplayer experience by cheating?!?! I ended up in a room full of cheaters yesterday in Conduit and it pissed me off. Everyone was walking through freaking walls like it was ok. Really now, WTF! People need to learn to PLAY BY THE RULES! I hope Nintendo puts a stop to cheaters. Yes, you have a right to hack but NOT when it inteferes with someone else's right to not deal with a hacked up multiplayer game! I mod all day long and even I have a line I DONT cross!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X