TOP THINGS TO DO IN THE POLITICS SECTION

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea. There was a performance art thing that burned a lot of money around the same time and usually gets brought up these days when it comes to money destruction and how much is physical cash (short version not a lot even if you don't count fractional reserve stuff).
Search says it was some former members of KLF (fun bonus fact for around here it seems they also were responsible for the first big sampling law case in the UK) that did the deed.
K Foundation Burn a Million Quid for the curious

For those that wanted a where are they now/what happened next for EMF then following seems reasonable.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The KLF burning a million quid was stuff of legend. I always pictured this huge heaping bonfire of flaming money, so it was disappointing decades later when I watched the video, and it was just a little campfire type thing, which they spent literal hours adding individual little bundles of cash to. Where's the theatrics?

Reactions: AmandaRose

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The KLF burning a million quid was stuff of legend. I always pictured this huge heaping bonfire of flaming money, so it was disappointing decades later when I watched the video, and it was just a little campfire type thing, which they spent literal hours adding individual little bundles of cash to. Where's the theatrics?
That was an extremely disturbing thing to watch ngl

Reactions: AmandaRose

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That was an extremely disturbing thing to watch ngl
I get it though. This is a fraction of a fraction of a percent of whats being hoarded by the richest people in the world. Its basically nothing in comparison. A million US dollars you could buy 10 rehab homes for homeless. Think of what could be done with the billions in tax revenue alone if people like musk and bezos actually paid what their tax bracket is supposed to be. You could end homelessness in this country a few times over. If a million being destroyed is disturbing, the amount of wealth hoarding by a handful of people should incite a raged revolt.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get it though. This is a fraction of a fraction of a percent of whats being hoarded by the richest people in the world. Its basically nothing in comparison. A million US dollars you could buy 10 rehab homes for homeless. Think of what could be done with the billions in tax revenue alone if people like musk and bezos actually paid what their tax bracket is supposed to be. You could end homelessness in this country a few times over. If a million being destroyed is disturbing, the amount of wealth hoarding by a handful of people should incite a raged revolt.
The money that is currently being held up in stock is effectively imaginary, it never touches real life - it sits there as potential currency

If Bezos or Musk took that money and put it into the economy it would just lead to inflation and leveling out of the money supply - effectively making all money actually in the economy effectively have less worth

Then using that money for public good, it would be effectively taxing everyone else who has money by making ours worth less

Yes these guys have "crazy money" but in another way it's an illusion - it's why the money sits there doing nothing in the first place for the most part

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you want them to flood the market that's fine but it is not actually going to solve anything, and unfortunately homelessness is not caused by lack of money or housing but usually by presence of mental illness and addiction

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So if you want them to flood the market that's fine but it is not actually going to solve anything, and unfortunately homelessness is not caused by lack of money or housing but usually by presence of mental illness and addiction
I know. Thats why i said rehab homes. I've given this a lot of thought. If I were to ever become really wealthy, not obscenely wealthy like the elites, but a multimillionaire, my life's mission would be to buy large portions of land and create a program to rehab the homeless. They would go through a medical evaluation and given treatment for addiction and mental health, all the while they would be apprenticed in a skilled trade like construction, electrician, etc.. and the homes they would be training on would be those in the community. Effectively building their own homes. In one program they would be recovered from addiction, treated for mental illness, made productive in a skilled trade, and have a home. I wouldnt say it would have a 100% success rate, but it would be more effective than just buying people houses. I could do it with an unnoticed amount of tesla stock, and I dont think it would saturate the economy. But the reason I'm not rich is because I would do that instead of making people homeless to raise my stock value.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well now that explains everything.
We will be more patient with you now.
And also keep the EMF away.
Thank you!
I'm really sorry that EMF radiation had to do this to you. It's sad how many EMF victims there are in this modern age. Personally, it gave me an unhealthy obsession with fictional anthropomorphic animals
Yes, but I choose to see the positive. At least now I know the dangers of EMF. I hope you obsession won't inhibit your function to reproduce. Would be sad to see you go.

Reactions: IC_

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, but I choose to see the positive. At least now I know the dangers of EMF. I hope you obsession won't inhibit your function to reproduce. Would be sad to see you go.
I think it's unfortunately way too late at this point, I already chose the "hard path" of no reproduction a long time ago. I appreciate your concern though.

• Sad
Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I think it's unfortunately way too late at this point, I already chose the "hard path" of no reproduction a long time ago. I appreciate your concern though.
So sad to see you go...
EDIT:
if there is still a chance go all in

Last edited by Creamu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: