Hacking Top screen ribbon torn

Amak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried to replace my DS lite case...went well until I tried feeding the ribbon cable from the top screen to the bottom case. Somehow, in the process of "rolling" it to fit, I tore it:\

I bought a replacement top screen and am wondering: should I attempt to try this again or just use some sort of service? I don't have the post count needed to access the Trading Forum, so I looked around and found http://www.fixmygadget.com/ , but I'm not sure if they're trustworthy.

Amak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine boots, sort of. I can only use the bottom portion. When I use a screwdriver to turn it on (pushing a little tab up), the green light turns on, but I don't see a thing on the bottom screen.

Hmm...using my EZ Flash and Pokemon Ruby, the bottom screen stays blank.

The Judge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Amak said:
Mine boots, sort of. I can only use the bottom portion. When I use a screwdriver to turn it on (pushing a little tab up), the green light turns on, but I don't see a thing on the bottom screen.

Hmm...using my EZ Flash and Pokemon Ruby, the bottom screen stays blank.
In the DS options, is GBA set to the bottom screen? That should do the job.

I did a whois query on fixmygadget.com and the registrant's address is from the US (but you can never be too sure.) If you want more info: http://whois.domaintools.com/fixmygadget.com. All I can think of is send it off to Nintendo, I'm not too sure seeing as you replaced the shall if warranty would be voided or not. If you are going to go with fixmygadget, I suggest you use Paypal seeing as they cover for you if you do not recieve an item or service.

Amak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warranty is voided for sure. I had GBA set to bottom screen...that throws me off:|

Thank god I have paypal, then:D

Amak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not 100% sure on that. Emailed and got a reply (pretty quick, too) that it'll cost $25 and the warranty they offer won't cover my top screen because it isn't from them...I'm using paypal and will, hopefully, remember to post here if they come through or not.

Amak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a screen off ebay (I'm in a hurry as I'm going somewhere in 2 weeks). My new case is fine, it's the ribbon cable that tore.

[Mentioned that in my first post...:| ]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since