Tools for Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by 3bit, Feb 18, 2011.

Feb 18, 2011
  1. 3bit
    OP

Newcomer 3bit Newbie

Czech Republic
    Any of technician guys have tools for translating Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword?

2. Multiskin

Member Multiskin GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    translate what? it's already in english.... if you need a spanish or french translation the (eur) version has language options (i think). and why would you need to translate? it's a hack and slash with a background story not-that-much cool.

3. 3bit
    OP

Newcomer 3bit Newbie

Czech Republic
    It's really fun game and I want to translate it itno my mother land language because I'm not feeling up to translate any RPG game. Ninja Gaiden would be "practise" for me. And I'm sure that a bunch of people would be happy from this translation.

4. kosheh

Member kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In other words - 3bit wants to translate the game into Czech (which is a really interesting choice imo) and is asking for help.

Have you tried poking around the game with a hex editor looking for text strings at least? :V

5. Multiskin

Member Multiskin GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    hmm now that you've told that i think it's a good start, it has easy dialogue and not-so-many dialogues.

6. 3bit
    OP

Newcomer 3bit Newbie

Czech Republic
    I tried. I changed nds extension to bin and opened it in SNESedit. Then I've searched (I use relative search for this) some words from the game like "inhuman" but I found nothing so I tried with "i*n*h*u*m*a*n" but I found nothing again. The text is compressed or I'm doing something wrong (I think the second option - I'm not a informatics girl so I think I'll need help with this).

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Step 1 of hacking DS ROMs is to unpack them.

DSlazy can unpack and repack DS ROMs.

8. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Mother land ? Mother Earth ? Interesting.. Its Indian's culture. Yes, I dont believe in Mother Earth.. Silly superstitious!

9. 3bit
    OP

Newcomer 3bit Newbie

Czech Republic
    Like I just said - I suck at romhacking (I tried DSlazy erlier but I couldn't find files with text so I tried with SNESedit). I only wanted to make a request for tools to extract (and after editing put back) game text. I can edit fonts by myself.