Tools for Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by 3bit, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 3bit
    OP

3bit Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2011
    Liberec
    Any of technician guys have tools for translating Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword?

2. Multiskin

Multiskin GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2010
    Brazil
    somewhere you don't wanna know
    translate what? it's already in english.... if you need a spanish or french translation the (eur) version has language options (i think). and why would you need to translate? it's a hack and slash with a background story not-that-much cool.

3. 3bit
    OP

3bit Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2011
    Liberec
    It's really fun game and I want to translate it itno my mother land language because I'm not feeling up to translate any RPG game. Ninja Gaiden would be "practise" for me. And I'm sure that a bunch of people would be happy from this translation.

4. kosheh

kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    In other words - 3bit wants to translate the game into Czech (which is a really interesting choice imo) and is asking for help.

Have you tried poking around the game with a hex editor looking for text strings at least? :V

5. Multiskin

Multiskin GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2010
    Brazil
    somewhere you don't wanna know
    hmm now that you've told that i think it's a good start, it has easy dialogue and not-so-many dialogues.

6. 3bit
    OP

3bit Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2011
    Liberec
    I tried. I changed nds extension to bin and opened it in SNESedit. Then I've searched (I use relative search for this) some words from the game like "inhuman" but I found nothing so I tried with "i*n*h*u*m*a*n" but I found nothing again. The text is compressed or I'm doing something wrong (I think the second option - I'm not a informatics girl so I think I'll need help with this).

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Step 1 of hacking DS ROMs is to unpack them.

DSlazy can unpack and repack DS ROMs.

8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Mother land ? Mother Earth ? Interesting.. Its Indian's culture. Yes, I dont believe in Mother Earth.. Silly superstitious!

9. 3bit
    OP

3bit Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2011
    Liberec
    Like I just said - I suck at romhacking (I tried DSlazy erlier but I couldn't find files with text so I tried with SNESedit). I only wanted to make a request for tools to extract (and after editing put back) game text. I can edit fonts by myself.