• Views 290,892
  • Replies 607
  • Likes 65

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eitherway it won't work unless you lock them. or do you just want to not lock them while you experiement with the software? I can't help you with the code sorry.
Locking them is part of writing them if you dont lock them they wont be readable. So you have to lock them, no way around it. Unless you use a device that was designed to have a circuit to lock and unlock, so that it can lock while you are using it but then unlock later, this is much more expensive than the standard RFID tag which basically burns a fuse when you lock it. A one time use fuse is much cheaper than a reusable one.
I'm trying to experiment with the code — I'm hoping to write dummy data I can read back while I test it without locking the tags. I know they need to be locked for them to be valid Amiibo.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're looking for a cheap place to get the required rf shield, I found one on the geek app for iphone/android for like $2.

it's also 2 - 2.60 on ebay, free shipping from china. so same as all those geek/wish and whatnot apps on phones but with better buyer protection.
you can also get everything from the same seller for combined shipping so everything arrives at once :P

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure you would have to download the app and check. I did just find these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10p...-Forum-Type2-Sticker-Amiibos/32808466354.html

10 pcs. for $3.98 US with free shipping, best deal I've seen so far. I got the epacket shipping for an extra $1, should be here in a couple weeks :)
nice ! but I still need the arduino and stuff XD I think I gonna order everything together, even if from different stores hmmm

also stuf from ali even delay a lot to arrive here , but they come XD

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice ! but I still need the arduino and stuff XD I think I gonna order everything together, even if from different stores hmmm

also stuf from ali even delay a lot to arrive here , but they come XD

I've had mixed results, but a lot of the time if I pay for epacket or if it already ships epacket I'll have it in about 7 days, I think they have some sort of express customs processing or something.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've had mixed results, but a lot of the time if I pay for epacket or if it already ships epacket I'll have it in about 7 days, I think they have some sort of express customs processing or something.
I gonna pay attention on that next time hmmm
I was looking for these, what do you think?
Arduino
Module
every time I've tried to use Ali they want me to send in scans of my ID and bank card... no way I'm doing that lol.
I pay there by bank payment.. I print a note and go there to pay .. take a time and charge a bit more... but si more accessible XD

Last edited by Sliter,

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time I've tried to use Ali they want me to send in scans of my ID and bank card... no way I'm doing that lol.

That's odd, I've always just entered my CC# and it accepted it right away. What country are you in?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I gonna pay attention on that next time hmmm
I was looking for these, what do you think?
Arduino
Module

I pay there by bank payment.. I print a note and go there to pay .. take a time and charge a bit more... but si more accessible XD

Module looks to be the correct one, not sure on the arduino your link is bad.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Module looks to be the correct one, not sure on the arduino your link is bad.
dafuq happened XD
was this one (and I corrected there btw)
Not that it differ much in price from the sselers, I just don't know what the bets to get õ3o same for the module ..
Also the wires I don't know if I should get because I have a lot of waste here, but not the connectors haha

Last edited by Sliter,

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dafuq happened XD
was this one (and I corrected there btw)
Not that it differ much in price from the sselers, I just don't know what the bets to get õ3o same for the module ..
Also the wires I don't know if I should get because I have a lot of waste here, but not the connectors haha

Yeah that's the proper arduino. On the wires, honestly I ordered the suggested male to female jumper wires, and I just ended up soldering it together, as I ordered the wires from China and they won't be here for a while. I may redo it with the proper wiring when they get here but honestly I doubt it.

Reactions: Sliter

RubyRoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm hoping to fork this to modify it myself, but I can't seem to figure out how to prevent it from locking the tag after burning. I commented out the lines that appear to be writing the lock bytes, but the tags still won't let me write to them a second time.
Code:
 // Write lock bytes - the last thing you should do.
  // If you write them too early - your tag is wasted.
  // Write the Dynamic Lock Bytes
  byte DynamicLockBlock[]    = {
    0x01, 0x00, 0x0F, 0xBD
  };
  Serial.print(F("Writing Dynamic Lock Bytes into page 130"));
  Serial.println(F(" ..."));
  dump_byte_array(DynamicLockBlock, 4); Serial.println();
  //status = (MFRC522::StatusCode) mfrc522.MIFARE_Ultralight_Write(130, DynamicLockBlock, 4);
  if (status != MFRC522::STATUS_OK) {
    Serial.print(F("MIFARE_Write() failed: "));
    Serial.println(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));
  }
  Serial.println();

// Now we can write Static Lock Bytes
  byte StaticLockBlock[]    = {
    0x0F, 0xE0, 0x0F, 0xE0
  };
  Serial.print(F("Writing Static Lock Bytes into page 2"));
  Serial.println(F(" ..."));
  dump_byte_array(StaticLockBlock, 4); Serial.println();
  //status = (MFRC522::StatusCode) mfrc522.MIFARE_Ultralight_Write(2, StaticLockBlock, 4);
  if (status != MFRC522::STATUS_OK) {
    Serial.print(F("MIFARE_Write() failed: "));
    Serial.println(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));
  }
  Serial.println();

Is it part of the Amiibo dump I have in there that's locking the tag?
You probably can't write to tags not because of the lock bytes, but because of the password. Once the password had been set, you have to authenticate in order to be able to write to the tag. You can remove the password, replacing last 8 bytes of the dump with zeroes.

If you also want to remove the password protection from your tags, see the "NTAG216_AUTH" sketch example from the MFRC522 Arduino library.

Gedi223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side note, be careful ordering tags off aliexpress. Make sure to read the description thoroughly. I'm seeing several sellers listing ntag216 and also putting amiibo in the description.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this has already been asked but could this be converted/rewritten for Android phones? I would find it much more useful that way

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I usually see many questions about the Amiibo, N2(Amiiqo), Datel Power Saves, TagMo... And nothing was easy and cheap to do an Amiibo Clone Tag... So I'm glad to bring you AmiiBomb!
A tools for windows, with cheap component used, for create Amiibo Tag (NTAG215).

• What's you need?

- 1x Windows PC
- 1x Arduino Uno R3 (around $4)
- 1x USB Cable Type AB (pretty sure you already have it)
- 1x RFID Module RC522 (around $2)
- 7x Pin Wire Male-Female (around $1 for x20)
- 1x Soldering Iron Kit
- Many NTAG215 as you want Amiibo Tag (around $34 for x100)

• What you have to do?
2ng8zv9.jpg
You have to solder the pins on the RC522 Module and connect them following this schematics. Connect the Arduino Uno to the PC by USB and That's all! (Guys with soldering skills already know that but I prefer explain for anyone!)

Ok, i got everything setup, just 1 question remains (besides the wait for the program)

- Do i need a seperate power suply? or does the USB provide power to the UNO r3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all