[Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Adr990

Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Apr 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Is there any chance for induvidual button colors?

2. Hario337

Hario337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Kingdom
    not right now, the switch isn't programmed to do that, it's probably been explained before

3. Sethnxt147

Sethnxt147 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2018
    United States
    How about is it possibel for the left joycon to have a Dpad? This program really works well with those DIY shell cases

4. luk_pop

luk_pop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
    Can anybody tell me color code of Neon Pink and Neno Green?

5. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    luk_pop likes this.
  6. luk_pop

luk_pop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
  7. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    BTW, in the new version, that is currently being baked, it will be way easier to get the original HEX color codes

[​IMG]

Kokiwii and MK73DS like this.
  8. Hario337

Hario337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Kingdom
    That looks sick

9. aleuts

aleuts Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Has anybody with the clear atomic purple shells managed to find a decent hex colour code to match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Sterminatore

Sterminatore Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    United States
    Hey, when I first tried connecting my left joycon, it connected instantly and the tool fired right up, no problem. I made a dump, then forgot and connected it to my switch. Now I cant reconnect it to my computer, the right way. I can get it to show in bluetooth devices, I can pair with it, but it keeps cycling the lights (as opposed to having 1 and 4 lit constant) and jctool cannot connect to it. It connects to my right joycon every try. I tried uninstalling the drivers that windows installed under device manager>bluetooth>Joy Con (L) but now I cant get it to connect at all. Windows wont recognize it. Do you have any ideas?

If it means anything, Joy Con (R) shows up as "Mouse, Keyboard, and Pen" in the bluetooth menu (windows 10), as does pro controller, and also Joy Con (L) but only when it was "really" paired (was able to boot jctool). But When i did get Joy Con (L) to "pair" (with cycling lights) it was listed under "Other".
    Well now it is listed under "Mouse, Keyboard, and Pen" but instead of "paired" it says "Driver error".
    When I remove then re-pair it, it does not stay in "Mouse, Keyboard, and Pen" but instead goes to "Other". jctool will not connect to it.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for your program. Oh, also, im using v2.5.1.

Last edited by Sterminatore, Feb 9, 2018
  11. CTCaer
    OP

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
  12. Puchugenzo

Puchugenzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2018
    Mexico
    When I get back my switch will do a dump of the Mario ones, those are the ones I’ve got.

13. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Excellent work. I used this tool in slightly different manner (until I become one of those guys buying custom shells)
    I own two Left joycons, default black/gray ones. Since one has different feeling ZL button and slightly botched wire-as-antenna thing to it, I want to keep track of which L-con is which, so I wrote pink buttons to other joycon so I know.

14. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    Is there any way to make your own HD Rumble samples to play on the HD Rumble player?

Exeat likes this.
  15. Blazingflare

Blazingflare GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2013
    United States
    For some reason the program doesn't save the custom button colors on my Pro Controller half the time I save. When I hit save colors it says that the colors were saved, but when the app refreshes the controller, it shows that only the body color was updated.
    The button colors update just fine for my joycons though.

Last edited by Blazingflare, Feb 21, 2018
  16. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Iirc pro controllers can't have colored buttons.

17. Hario337

Hario337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Kingdom
    No, they work fine for me, I think it's a bug some people are having.

edit: what do you mean by lirc

Last edited by Hario337, Feb 22, 2018
  18. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    It's actually iirc (it is a capital 'i' in his message) meaning "if I recall correctly"

Last edited by MK73DS, Feb 22, 2018 - Reason: Was not the right meaning xD
  19. CTCaer
    OP

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    It's probably a bug.
    Probably when I re-enabled the ability to change Pro controller buttons color, I forgot to also change the image color update function.
    Because I don't own a Pro controller, I thought that it didn't support colored buttons. But it is.
    Anyway, I will look into this.

BTW, @Blazingflare , this happens with whatever color you choose for buttons for Pro controller?

EDIT:
    Just checked the code. Looks fine. Only white (255,255,255) for Pro controller buttons, by design, shows up as grey instead of white. It gets written though.
    (I'll revisit the images though to maybe simplify them a bit or use overlays and make them smoother.)
    So, are you sure that you don't write the white button color or that you use the latest released version (2.5.1)?

Last edited by CTCaer, Feb 22, 2018
  20. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If I recall correctly