Gaming Too many "remakes" on 3DS...

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
It's kinda funny that PSP was being mocked by DS fanboys for having so many ports. And now 90% 3DS games, including the most anticipated ones (Zelda, RE, MGS...), are all ports or remakes.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with you. But maybe they want some kind of comparison of the 3DS and older games, and show what the 3DS can do. But there should indeed come completely new games, because it are probably good games, but only remakes are boring.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
pachura said:
It's kinda funny that PSP was being mocked by DS fanboys for having so many ports. And now 90% 3DS games, including the most anticipated ones (Zelda, RE, MGS...), are all ports or remakes.

It's kinda funny that that situation hasn't changed, the DS still has a lot more original games than the PSP has.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
pachura said:
I find it hilarious that microsoft are remaking halo 1, and everyone will go balls over it.
The same people complain when nintendo do something new with the same characters once every 5-7 years.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Necron N.N said:
KingVamp said:
johncenafan427 said:
i want a smash bros on the 3ds, i don't care if it's a remake of the original, or a completely new smash, i just want one!
We need a new one.

I wonder if weapons would fall into the screen or back group and not just fall or magically appear.
unsure.gif
laugh.gif
Or even better, the next Jump Ultimate Stars-like game. If both, that would be awesome!
So in other words, a game that will remain exclusive to Japan and couldn't even be imported due to region locks even if you could read Japanese? Right, cause that makes sense.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
To think, Nintendo has wanted a 3D console ever since... not exactly sure, but a long time ago, before the gamecube.

Well now they have it, no wonder they are redoing some of the games to be in 3D.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
johncenafan427 said:
machomuu said:
DSGamer64 said:
johncenafan427 said:
leeday100196 said:
johncenafan427 said:
i want a smash bros on the 3ds, i don't care if it's a remake of the original, or a completely new smash, i just want one!
This +1. Maybe a 3D smash would be good, with the star attack flying out in front or something...

that would be pretty cool, and still have stage builder, and wi-fi with no lag, and a create a character would be good too!
if only...
Mii fighters would be cool, Streetpass could be used to have our Mii characters fight one another for various unlockables like items and weapons.
I'd rather have a character creator.

me too
Super Smash Bros. isn't MK or Fight Night or UFC. There is absolutely no one to keep the game balanced with custom characters. I mean seriously a Marth clone with Ike's sword would be game breaking. You can tell when ppl can't play a game competitively online.
That's why most games with character creators don't allow you to use the weapons, attacks, and clothing of the official characters.

Z

Zorua

heartgold said:
I don't really mind a lot of the remakes, I've never played any of them so It's all good.
smile.gif

This.
I haven't played legendary games like OOT because I'm a graphics whore.
Yes, I know.
It's stupid and a real gamer isn't like that blah blah blah blah but that's the way I am. Can't fix it.
sad.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't think there's a 3DS game I'm less interested in than OOT. I've already played it, it was OK, have no desire to play it again.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m really excited about this remake of Ocarina Of Time
But I realize some thing that really pissed me off... there will be no more overhead-view Zelda games.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
So in other words, a game that will remain exclusive to Japan and couldn't even be imported due to region locks even if you could read Japanese? Right, cause that makes sense.
Hey, let him dream. What would you say if a 3DS version was to come over here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(NahuelDS @ May 16 2011, 06:29 AM) I’m really excited about this remake of Ocarina Of Time
But I realize some thing that really pissed me off... there will be no more overhead-view Zelda games.
Well maybe they could do another Phantom Hourglass game....

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
NahuelDS said:
Well maybe the could do another Phantom Hourglass game....
It's not the same. We need another Gameboy/Color/Advanced styled Zelda game is what he's saying.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
NahuelDS said:
Well maybe the could do another Phantom Hourglass game....
It's not the same. We need another Gameboy/Color/Advanced styled Zelda game is what he's saying.

Basically we need a portable Zelda game that didn't suck like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. They were honestly the worst Zelda games since Zelda II.

EDIT: We're not including the CDi games or Link's Crossbow Training.

And I'm currently playing Oracle of Seasons and I have to agree. We need another portable top-down Zelda game.

For the record, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks were more isometric views than top-down.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like remakes personally.I dont have the attention span to sit down and play a game on a console, so when when come to a handheld... thats good news to me. Ive never played OoT and ive been scorned for that many times but now that its coming to the 3DS i can do it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Basically we need a portable Zelda game that didn't suck like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. They were honestly the worst Zelda games since Zelda II.
Personally I found nothing wrong with it. What put you off, the controls?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Personally I found nothing wrong with it. What put you off, the controls?

Everything made it just feel really bad. The dungeons weren't fun and the controls sucked. Not to mention "new" elements they brought (like the boat travel and the train travel) were nothing but big bores and giant nuisances. Considering how excellent Zelda handhled games were, these ones just fell completely flat.

The games are just absolutely terrible compared to Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, and Minish Cap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality