Too many "remakes" on 3DS...

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by CCNaru, May 11, 2011.

May 11, 2011

Too many "remakes" on 3DS... by CCNaru at 7:48 PM (8,088 Views / 0 Likes) 122 replies

1. CCNaru
    OP

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    Just my opinion... the most hyped game is the remake (Zelda), and half of the release titles were with the touch of 3D...? (SFIV, Rayman, Ridge Racer, Nintendogs... and maybe Pilotwings?) Just looked at the Crush3D ad on this forum and that's a PSP remake too... I guess it's because the console is pretty new but Nintendo is just remaking games with added gimmicks? I bought a couple of release titles but this is getting to be really disappointing. should've bought a XBOX or something instead...?

2. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    If you didn't see that it was going to be a shitload of remakes and ports BEFORE you bought it, there's not much anyone can do to help you. It'll be about a year until the cheap cash-ins dry up a little and anything remotely original comes along.

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Naw, Bro. Don't get sad. Be patient, I am positive there will be some great games coming out soon.

[​IMG] It's only the first month of the console's release. You can't expect all the good games to be out already.

4. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    SFIV, Rayman, Ridge Racer and Nintenogs are more ports/sequels then just remakes.
    Also I recommend Dream Trigger 3D and Pacman and Galaga Dimensions (but that wont be out until early june) if you want new games.

5. fishykipper

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    Nintendo loves its remakes.
    Remember the launch title for the original ds was a remake, 'super mario 64 ds'.
    Just stick with it, all the new original games are yet to come!!! The same as always.

I just picked up Pilotwings a few days ago, wasn't expecting to much from it, but actually its a very good game. I love the 3dness of it!
    I also picked up Street Fighter on day of release and nows its boring as shit to me, dont even touch it.

6. iceissocold

Newcomer iceissocold Advanced Member

United States
    Honestly who cares? The games were good and its better than nothing. Zelda 64 with updated visuals, Master Quest, Boss Replays, etc all on a portable and 3D to boot! How can you wrong with that???

7. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    SOME people are actually tired of playing that game for the, what... EIGHTH time being released?

You, CCNaru, if you have not played Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner, a sweet remake is coming to the DS soon. I know it's a remake, but if you haven't played it it's worth a shot! It'll all be new to you that way. [​IMG]

8. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I wouldn't call pilotwings a remake... It's like calling GTA 4 a remake of the first GTA...
    Sure, SSFVI is a port with 3D and stuff, rayman is a port / remake with 3D...
    Ridge racer and nintendogs are "sequels"...
    And yes, Zelda is a remake for sure, but a remake in the right way! Lots of added content, updated graphics, and for the first time portable [​IMG]

Oh, and you should've known what games were available when you bought your 3DS, and if you regret buying it this soon, then yeah, maybe its not for you and won't ever be.

No one is forcing you to play every single port of a game... It's like getting tired of that "bioshock 2"... I mean it's ported to the 360, ps3 and pc, that's 3 ports you have to play!
    No, but seriously, I don't get why people complain really about this zelda remake... if you're tired of it, don't play it. simple as that. If you're not: get excited! ;D

9. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Is Paper Mario 3D a remake of one of the N64/GC/Wii games or is it a new game in the series?

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The only "content" they added was a Boss Rush mode, the rest is basically just the Ocarina of Time + Master Quest version with updated graphics.

And yeah, the 3DS is getting a lot of remakes, ports, or just highly similar games to stuff that's already released. Honestly, the 3DS just didn't offer the "new way to play" that the DS did. It has 3D, sure, but it's still just 3D. The touchscreen changed how you interacted and played your games. The 3D just makes them look a bit cool for a few hours until you turn it off because it's either lost its appeal, sapping your battery, or making your head hurt.

There will probably be some original ideas on the 3DS, but of every game currently coming for it, I'm not really seeing anything that sticks out.

11. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    We don't know that.

12. T3GZdev

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
  13. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ok. I suppose Steel Diver doesn't count as it sucks. Ghost Recon Shadow Wars isn't a remake or a sequel, though you could call it a spin-off. Plus GRSW is a decent game to boot.

14. Guild McCommunist

United States
    - Animal Crossing: I'm pretty sure the game has barely changed since it first came out.
    - BlazBlue II: Port
    - Crush3d: Remake or port
    - Cave Story: Remake
    - Ocarina of Time: Remake
    - Snake Eater 3D: Remake
    - RE: The Mercs 3D: Essentially an enhance port of part of RE5.
    - SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked: Remake
    - Star Fox 64: Remake
    - SSFIV 3D Edition: Port
    - Tales of the Abyss: Port or remake, it's one of those though

Most of the other games we know little to nothing about or are highly similar to other games in their series.

EDIT: Forgot Crush3d.

15. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Gee, could it be because they're new?
    Not ports?

16. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Well, that's true. Though it's the first time it's released as a part of the main game in a way... I mean, you have to complete the original game before being able to play the master quest.. nothing revolutionary but still feels more complete than the two being stand alone.
    And also, this version is supposed to be mirrored right?

And that rumble function from the original game, it has been modified to fit the platform [​IMG] that's also nice...

17. Guild McCommunist

United States
    No.

Using naughty words and saying inappropriate things on the internet doesn't make you cool unless you're me. Stop.

18. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    [​IMG]

I want to say somethings,but I keep it to myself.

There will be new games didn't worry. [​IMG]

19. Warrior522

Member Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    *snip

*SNAP*

(fanboy alarm goes off full tilt)

...tell me you did not just imply OoT was not a good game...?

20. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I'm gonna to say that there are much better games than Ocarina of Time. It's not a bad game by any means but I don't see why people hold it up as such the master of gaming. I played it, I thought it was alright like the rest of the Zelda games, but I've played much better games in my life time.