ROM Hack Translation Tomodachi Collection: New Life Translation Progress

J-Lin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read above. I am so sorry. I did publicize my current work if anyone wanted to step up and continue. If anyone does, I have instructions on decrypting the game's text.

Reactions: ShadowcatP264

SupraSpedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Read above. I am so sorry. I did publicize my current work if anyone wanted to step up and continue. If anyone does, I have instructions on decrypting the game's text.
could i by any chance have the instructions? i have quite a bit of free time on my hands, thought i could get an okayish result by using google translate, wont be the best, bit itll be something whilst i learn japanese. cheers J-Lin

J-Lin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the text that's relevant and meant to be seen by the player is stored in romfs/message and the files (ending with _LZ.bin) are LZ10 files containing 2 directories, ArcBase and ArcVoice. I only edited ArcBase but editing ArcVoice will theoretically make the voices say (well spell) English. You can decompress the LZ10 files with EveryFileExplorer then open the in Karameru where you can compress them and edit with Kuriimu. In most if not all areas, you can simply copy the text from the North American version. However a few things need to be translated. You can decompress the source games and my Github release and take a look.

J-Lin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the text that's relevant and meant to be seen by the player is stored in romfs/message and the files (ending with _LZ.bin) are LZ10 files containing 2 directories, ArcBase and ArcVoice. I only edited ArcBase but editing ArcVoice will theoretically make the voices say (well spell) English. You can decompress the LZ10 files with EveryFileExplorer then open the in Karameru where you can compress them and edit with Kuriimu. In most if not all areas, you can simply copy the text from the North American version. However a few things need to be translated. You can decompress the source games and my Github release and take a look.
Correction: LZ11, not LZ10.

Nicky P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to pick up the pieces of this project, I was the person who helped with translating the hat and clothing descriptions. If you need a translator, let me know. I will be happy to help

LinkTheEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd like to try this, however I never did anything like this before (excluding the time when I opened an OoT ROM in a hex editor and tried changing some text but ultimately broke the game).

J-Lin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I didn't know Japanese anyways. I kind of just left what I knew here in case anybody wanted to continue from where I started.

mrstrinity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to help!

(Though my skills are very limited,) I'll try my best.
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to help!

(Though my skills are very limited,) I'll try my best!

ShadowcatP264

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have kinda stopped working on it. However this is why I made things public so early on. If anyone wants to finish what I started, the door is open.
I would like to try with Kuriimu, but I cant seem to open the bin files, how did you open these files?
Edit: I see you used everyfile explorer, im not sure how to open files in that to decompress them, every time i open it just ignores that it ever happened

Last edited by ShadowcatP264,

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that you're not working on this anymore (nor do i know if your active), but how did you manage to edit the text in the first place? I want to do a more proper / Literal translation that doesn't use the UK or english versions since it feels kinda REALLY unfitting to have the "quirky" versions over the JP version.

That and i just really don't like the english translation AT ALL.

Edit: Figured it out bc i was blinding a post with the obvious answers.
here's my project for those that are interested, i would have felt awkward using the files already given here bc it wouldn't line up too much with the original intent of my translation

https://gamebanana.com/mods/500539

Last edited by Lavaimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here