tokyo-magnitude-8-wide.jpg

Type: TV
Episodes: 11
Aired: Jul 9, 2009 to Sep 17, 2009
Producers: Bones, Kinema Citrus
Genres: Drama, Josei
Duration: 22 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

So I just plowed through this short 11 episode anime in 2 days, and having just finished, I can honestly say I'm very pleased with it.

I won't go into detail, but the premise is pretty simple. An earthquake (8.0!) hits Tokyo, and a girl and her little brother are trying to make it back home safely. On the way there, they meet other people, encounter various dangers, etc etc.

The animation and art are both excellent. Music is also really good. My main complaint is that some episodes feel filler-ish, and it's very slow paced, especially for a 11 episode series. However, the second half of the show is definitely better than the first, and there's one particular event that happens which I didn't see coming at all.

The ending was also really touching, and I have to admit, I actually cried. But it was handled really well, and it was very beautiful.

If you're in the mood for a short anime with great looks, music, and a touching story, go ahead and give it a shot.

My score: 8/10

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol you can find the entire series in .dpg format english subbed. I'm not really sure if linking to the website or referencing it after saying that first sentence would go against GBAtemp's terms or not, but if you just remember the phrase "the movie way", you should be able to find some results quickly enough.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i didn't really bother with this, i've heard its a tearfest. i watched the first episode and wasn't in hte mood for show like this. might get back into one of these days.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAT LAST FUCKING EPISODE MAN, DAT LAST EPISODE

The cellphone shit hit me right when I wasn't expecting it.
I cried like a little bitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo