FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am presently off on my jollies in the US and was visited by my grandparents. With them they had found in the back of their cupboards an essential UK condiment known as salad cream ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44373387 ), likely from a previous visit or visit from another UK bound relative.
sad_salad.JPG

The date today is some time in November 2018 (be thankful I have the month - my knowing what day of the week it was was a notion that left years ago). I have dealt with death, injury, disease and more for my entire life, that however rattled me. Salad cream should not a) be wasted and b) be that colour. I would however be lying if I said there was not an almost overwhelming temptation to open it and have a sniff.

Also I feel the need to point out it says product of NL (the Netherlands, or Holland for the geographically challenged). Mainly as many there seem to believe mayonnaise ( see link ) is the way.

Reactions: VinsCool

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't worry, FAST, it's just as edible today as it was the day it was made.

On an unrelated note, "salad cream" is the furthest thing from "sunshine" that I can think of (this includes Marmite and excrement). I just can't see the association.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In about 2004 I found some out of date tuna in my parents fridge.

It was 2004, the fish was out of date since 1993. Here's one catch, though: we only moved into the house in 1996. So apparently my mom decided to not throw out fish that was three years out of date when we moved.

Suffice to say I didn't have the willpower to open it. Stench of fish makes my stomach churn as it is.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

I once found a packet of flour that expired 20 years ago while cleaning the pantry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*