OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What kind of thing does your Video Card need? Mine has S Cable and another slot I'm not entirely sure what it's used for. I know I've seen it before at my school's helpdesk but off the top of my head I can't think of it.

Is one of those two okay for video recording or do you need a special slot?

I know SSJ Zac here knows how to do it, I've seen some of his Youtube videos (Unless it just happens to be a different SSJ Zac with the same name...)

header_aiwx800xt.jpg

The white thing I'm talking about is shown in this picture. It's not the exact same card I have, but the slots are the same, Montor, S-Video, and the other one I'm confused by.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do remembering hearing you need a pretty strong PC to stream video data from one another.
So make sure you have that before trying this.

Q~

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
All mainstream video cards only have video out - you could pay a bit more for one that integrates a video in function, or just buy a tv capture card. (the other plug is probably DVI btw - just the new digital output format)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for a program called FRAPS, it's a frames-per-second monitor for PC games that also has an in-game video capture mode, though I don't know how good it is because I never used the video capture mode.

At any rate, it's worth a look.

EDIT: Oh wait......you want one for a console.....er.......maybe a DVD recorder and you could input the video into it, burn it to a DVD and then use something like VideoRedo to turn it into an mpeg to upload to YouTube or something.....otherwise, for a console, I don't know. Using the DVD recorder and VideoRedo method would work, I've done it before.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TV Tuners I checked out. Are USB ones any good, because I don't really feel like going for another card just for that feature.

Also, if they can't record, what's the point of a S-Video output? I have a little gadget thing for my game consoles where all the RCA cables go, but it has an S-Video Output. If it can't be used to record or anything then what the hell is it's purpose?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TV Tuners I checked out. Are USB ones any good, because I don't really feel like going for another card just for that feature.

Also, if they can't record, what's the point of a S-Video output? I have a little gadget thing for my game consoles where all the RCA cables go, but it has an S-Video Output. If it can't be used to record or anything then what the hell is it's purpose?

Multi-monitor support.....and in the case of S-video out, support for a TV. Many ATI cards with both types of computer video output connectors can span video across two screens. But if you try to use S-video out AND the PC connectors, your refresh rate will be locked at 60hz (or 50hz if your from Europe). If your video card has VIVO functions (VIVO means Video In Video Out), then you CAN record with it using ATI's Multimedia center, though I've never actually done it.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get a USB one, i suggest you don't use that screen to acutally PLAY off of, connect your console to your TV and USB capture card (via y-splitter cable, like 5 bux) You can get good quality video from them, just what your recording is like something that happened about 2 seconds ago (a long time) so you need to adjust yourself to a little time shift.

And when you say "high quality" do you mean HD (1080p, 1080i, or 720p) (note: 720p is also known as progressive scan) or SD?

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, you are not understanding me. I was saying the y splitter is like 5 bux. The USB capture card (that i use) was $80 for me, the ADStech DVD Xpress DX2. I only capture from analog sources (VCR) so i dont know 'exactly' how good (its video quality) it is, but since it captures in MPEG-2, file sizes are blindingly large (like 1.5-2GB per half hour episode) I use multiple 'professional' video editing programs to get the desired compression (very lossy, however great quality) and i can shrink it from 2GB to about 250MB using a similar DivX codec. Also: adstech makes IMO very bad drivers, etc because after like 2 hours of straight recording it decides to freeze the capture wizard. But, eh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1