Hacking To buy or not to buy...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I passed by an off-licence shop on the High Street and I saw what I never thought I would see in there...

microSD cards...

I have a 1GB Integral card and I want to increase the capacity. Most of their cards there are 2GB Kingstons (Taiwan) and a Class 2 Sandisk 4GB microSDHC. Now I borrowed my auntie's 4GB Sandisk Class 2, tested Castlevania's and they worked flawlessly.

I'm considering the 2GB Kingston one because it's worth £15. Should I buy it? Also, is it true that SDHC cards won't work well with slot-2 cards with the DSTT???

Thanks in advance.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't recommended it, Taiwan cards are notoriously slow, but there has been isolated cases of being just as good as the Jap ones. As for the Sandisk, Class 2 is the slowest type of MicroSDHC card. Of course if you think that it will run flawlessly, then go for it!

Just offering you my opinion.

P.S SDHC cards will only not work well if it is not supported by the flashcart. So most (probably all?) slot 2 solutions will not work, but most modern slot 1 cards will work. (I think the DSTT does).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, actually..why not buy it..If you have a money, and you've been searching for a larger capacity..Go for it..
And I believe there's no slot 2 cart that is compatible with SDHC cards..

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rjbr2000 said:
I'm considering the 2GB Kingston one because it's worth £15. Should I buy it? Also, is it true that SDHC cards won't work well with slot-2 cards with the DSTT???
Do you mean class 2?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zankurou said:
Swip said:
rjbr2000 said:
Do you mean class 2?
Nope he means Slot-2. I don't think many Slot-2 cards even support SDHC.
That's because there aren't any.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The slot-2 M3 Perfect accepts SDHC cards, but only for media files using its own media player, not for GBA or DS games, making it rather useless.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a 2GB Sandisk microSD at Currys for £11. I don't feel the need for SDHC anymore as

- it doesn't work with slot-2 expansions (3-in-1, eWin)
- too many games = few unplayed games that will just take up space

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rjbr2000 said:
I don't feel the need for SDHC anymore as
- it doesn't work with slot-2 expansions (3-in-1, eWin)

I regularly play GBA games from both the EZ3n1 and the EEP. Loading them to the slot2 from an SDHC card in the flashcart in slot1.

SDHC is not fully supported by any stand-alone slot2 cart, but works fine with expansion carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one