Homebrew To All O3DS Users

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well some companies don't allow you to make backups of your games so it's still kinda pirating for some systems.
We shouldn't hijack this thread. PM me if you're interested in discussing it further. There is a section in place that does allow you to backup your software, it doesn't matter what companies say. That said, it's old and could probably be taken down if a larger company threw enough money at it. Either way, I'm not that interested in the law, more of my own morality.

Reactions: teampleb

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, if you're not into GBC tech intensive games like Shantae, Tomb Raider or Perfect Dark you can now pack your roms and move from Gameyob to Ganbatte Retroarch core. Sound crackling aside it's pretty much perfect.

Reactions: linkchidori

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading through the thread, I'd like everyone to know that Picodrive core for Retroarch (.CIA) runs Genesis games nearly flawlessly, and Sega CD with required bios runs 80-90%, running Flashback CD, will try Lunar 2 soon. FMV runs about half-speed, so wouldn't be good for FMV CD games. CD music doesn't seem to affect framerate, but vocal samples do, probably processes differently?

Every Genesis game I've tried runs at or close to 100%. I tried a romhack of Sonic 1, S Factor: Sonia and Silver, and it starts running okay, but crashes the entire system when it gets to the title screen. This doesn't happen on GenesisPlus core, which runs the game at around 30% speed.

I've yet to find a decent SNES emulator.
Emulators I'm using that are close to 100%:
QuickNES, GameYOB, Picodrive, CIA injection for GBA (gpSP about 10-12fps, mGBA crashed loading the ROM)
blargSNES 1.2 runs a few games. DKC 1 works, but not 2 or 3. No games which require external processors or Mode7 (such as F-Zero) work either.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading through the thread, I'd like everyone to know that Picodrive core for Retroarch (.CIA) runs Genesis games nearly flawlessly, and Sega CD with required bios runs 80-90%, running Flashback CD, will try Lunar 2 soon. FMV runs about half-speed, so wouldn't be good for FMV CD games. CD music doesn't seem to affect framerate, but vocal samples do, probably processes differently?

Every Genesis game I've tried runs at or close to 100%. I tried a romhack of Sonic 1, S Factor: Sonia and Silver, and it starts running okay, but crashes the entire system when it gets to the title screen. This doesn't happen on GenesisPlus core, which runs the game at around 30% speed.

I've yet to find a decent SNES emulator.
Emulators I'm using that are close to 100%:
QuickNES, GameYOB, Picodrive, CIA injection for GBA (gpSP about 10-12fps, mGBA crashed loading the ROM)
blargSNES 1.2 runs a few games. DKC 1 works, but not 2 or 3. No games which require external processors or Mode7 (such as F-Zero) work either.
Two and three work fine in 1.3.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks that hasn't been commented in this thread but, as my signature says, jMSX Retroarch core works flawlessly on O3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol