Hacking TMNT Smash Up

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using rev 14 and neogamma r7. Still black screen.

Running 4.1u
cIOS rev 14
cIOSCORP v3.4

Error 001 and 002 have been removed from the disc manually. Still no go.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
dsfanatic5 said:
Don't use cheap media like Memorex dvd-r. Try to use high quality like Verbatim (best) followed by TDK and Sony. I burn all my games on Verbatim dvd-r at 4x using Nero, and they work great.
That's rather odd because I purposely just used a cheap Memorex DVD-R at 16X burning speed and the disc works fine.
wink.gif
It's not to say that it won't work at all, but many users here have experienced problematic burns with this brand, and other cheap brands. I've just read so many threads where a member finally tried a different brand and speed (same ISO) and the disc finally worked. Results vary, so I'm glad if you're getting a good run with the Memorex. I just want to know that I'm getting a quality burn every time, but it doesn't really matter for me anymore since USB loader first launched. Discs have become inconvenient, and obsolete for me.

rabapab23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I've been using Philips DVD-R's and I always record full speed. The only discs I ever had problems with are Sony's.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
King Of Chaos said:
dsfanatic5 said:
Don't use cheap media like Memorex dvd-r. Try to use high quality like Verbatim (best) followed by TDK and Sony. I burn all my games on Verbatim dvd-r at 4x using Nero, and they work great.
That's rather odd because I purposely just used a cheap Memorex DVD-R at 16X burning speed and the disc works fine.
wink.gif
It's not to say that it won't work at all, but many users here have experienced problematic burns with this brand, and other cheap brands. I've just read so many threads where a member finally tried a different brand and speed (same ISO) and the disc finally worked. Results vary, so I'm glad if you're getting a good run with the Memorex. I just want to know that I'm getting a quality burn every time, but it doesn't really matter for me anymore since USB loader first launched. Discs have become inconvenient, and obsolete for me.
Memorex isn't cheap.
But i agree with you with the inconvenient and obsolete part.

enicolas1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using a good quality dvd-r, never had a problem with it. burning on x1, erased error 002, installed the latest cios and still black screen.

i also downloaded using the torrent link from wiisos. COULD THAT BE IT? bad source file?

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
King Of Chaos said:
dsfanatic5 said:
wink.gif
I think that's a lot of BS if you ask me (regarding people and their issues). I've NEVER had a disc fail for whatever reason - but then again I know what the hell I'm doing. I think the 'issue' with DVD-Rs is IOS-side on the Wii and probably due to all the crap others install on it or probably all the damn scrubbing and 'fixes' others run on the ISOs. And yes, the USB loaders are much better for this application, since discs are indeed obsolete for the most part.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Korudo said:
Using rev 14 and neogamma r7. Still black screen.

Running 4.1u
cIOS rev 14
cIOSCORP v3.4

Error 001 and 002 have been removed from the disc manually. Still no go.

Unless you have one of the crappier modchips, your patching only makes the situation worse.

With cIOSrev14 you do not get 001 errors because the cIOS emulates that was is tested for 001 perfectly. And you do not get 002 error on NeoGamma, disc channel or Gecko OS.

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think it's the mixing of cIOSCORP with cIOS249 rev 14 - which cIOSCORP includes with it more or less. I bet if you uninstall cIOSCORP and run Dop-IOS and update them all to the latest versions with the Trucha bug applied to them all, then install cIOS rev 14 again and use NeoGamma R7 it'll work fine. Let's do this in steps...

1) Uninstall cIOSCORP.

2) Run Dop-IOS on every IOS (not the stubs) and enable the fake signing (Trucha bug) patch on each one and install them.

3) Add NeoGamma R7 to your apps folder and add the channel forwarder WAD to the wads folder and install the WAD via WAD Manager.

4) Use NeoGamma's channel to start your games from now on.

5) Payoff.

That's what I do and it works fine for me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
King Of Chaos said:
Well, I think it's the mixing of cIOSCORP with cIOS249 rev 14 - which cIOSCORP includes with it more or less. I bet if you uninstall cIOSCORP and run Dop-IOS and update them all to the latest versions with the Trucha bug applied to them all, then install cIOS rev 14 again and use NeoGamma R7 it'll work fine. Let's do this in steps...

1) Uninstall cIOSCORP.

2) Run Dop-IOS on every IOS (not the stubs) and enable the fake signing (Trucha bug) patch on each one and install them.

3) Reinstall cIOS249 rev 14.

4) Add NeoGamma R7 and the channel forwarder WAD and install the WAD via WAD Manager.

5) Use NeoGamma to start your game

6) Payoff.

That's what I do and it works fine for me.

???
If you have cIOSrev14 installed, you have cIOSrev14 installed, it (should) not matter in which order or way you installed what. If you want a clean reinstall of the cIOS, delete it with AnyTitle Deleter and run the installer again, all the other stuff is totally independant from the cIOS.

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. I modified my post to add "for good measure". That's the way I have it set up and I NEVER have issues with games like Wii Sports Resort, Guitar Hero 5 and The Beatles' Rock Band.

Besides, Dop-IOS wouldn't work without a Trucha bugged IOS which 249 is ideal for. Reinstalling cIOS rev 14 is strictly optional (and unneeded, to be honest).

EDIT: Removed that step, it's not necessary.

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i thought i might be the only one with this problem. So I've got my US Wii. And It's on firmware 4.1. I've installed cios rev14 about a dozen times so I must have it by now. When trying to load I get error 002. So i turn on the error 002 patch then I just get a black screen. And I'm using the USB Loader GX.
And btw, at the end of my game title it says "cowabunga" anybody else have this?
It would be really awesome if anybody had a fix for me. At this moment my biggest suspiscion is that my iso is just crap.

nethervoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinnikuman said:
And btw, at the end of my game title it says "cowabunga" anybody else have this?

You got the WiiSoS rip as did I and one other in the thread and none of us has had any luck. It looks like the dump may be bad, I'm trying to get the PROMiNENT and ESPALWII versions.

Like I said before, if you get this to work it'd be awesome if you could say whose rip you got to work. It seems like that should be ubiquitous information along with method of boot and cIOS.

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well nethervoid thank you for your response. It's nice to know what the issue is. I think i'm going for the PROMiNENT version now. I don't really know what that means but i remember seeing it so ya.

nethervoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinnikuman said:
well nethervoid thank you for your response. It's nice to know what the issue is. I think i'm going for the PROMiNENT version now. I don't really know what that means but i remember seeing it so ya.

It may not be the issue, just noticing that the 3 people that mentioned whose rip they used all used the same one and aren't getting a working copy. PROMiNENTs rip is the one that made it to the private trackers, and for good reason it seems. There is also about a 200Mb (PROM=4.3Gb vs. 4.09Gb) size discrepancy between PROMiNENTs release and every one elses.

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll report my status asap. I'm having just the toughest time finding this darn thing for some reason. (probably because I fail at torrents)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: IT FELT SO GOOD +1