Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks quite promising, quite like the excellent arcade games. The other versions look like te same gay game as the previous titles.
tmnt-20070306023623984.jpg

tmnt-20070306023625453.jpg

tmnt-20070306023627015.jpg

tmnt-20070306023628046.jpg

tmnt-20070306023629093.jpg

Anyone else like the look of it? Anyone like the GBA Revenge of the Sith title too?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any game that appears like streets of rage has my attention, while I never watched the turtles as a kid I am interested in this game (if not only because such games are great to hack).
The very rocky history of the license (some stunning games and some utter dross) does not fill me with hope though.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like the TMNT GBA games based on the animated series. Those were OK. But VERY short. Since this is based on a movie, I'd expect the same.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gba version of these kind of games are superior to any other, because it stay to the side scrolling formula that made it good back in the day.

p.s even the d's with all its power can't compete with the gba game.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like the TMNT GBA games based on the animated series. Those were OK. But VERY short. Since this is based on a movie, I'd expect the same.
Well should be different seeing the previous GBA games were more of a platform game than this is, this is more like a old school scrolling beat-em-up, dont get many of those nowadays unfortunatly.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably right. This does seem a lot like the old SNES and arcade TMNT we've seen back in the day. This video game generation could use a game like this.
smile.gif

Here's hoping it doesn't suck!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has potential to me as it looks to play like the NES/SNES/Arcade titles of that era and not those god awful 3 the GBA already had which were static platformers which had there fair share of nearly (or were) unavoidable hits due to no depth to walk back/forward on which bugged me to no end.

Still love the old #2 on NES and the SNES/Arcade Turtles In Time games best.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has potential to me as it looks to play like the NES/SNES/Arcade titles of that era and not those god awful 3 the GBA already had which were static platformers which had there fair share of nearly (or were) unavoidable hits due to no depth to walk back/forward on which bugged me to no end.

Still love the old #2 on NES and the SNES/Arcade Turtles In Time games best.

Turtles in Time is in my local chippy, only 20p a go and its fricking great!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is out and after about 10 or so minutes of play...bloody good! Only downsides so far is there's no mulitplayer which isn't on really as a lot of people would love to play this in co-op mode
frown.gif
I'd also prefer to see more enemies on screen, after the first 3 levels there's not that much in the way of increased difficulty either.

Graphics are really nicely made, nice animations clear sprites. Sound wise its ok, nothing spectacular though I do like hearing some background noise like police sirens.

Its not a massive leap from the sort of brawlers Capcom did back in the 90's (any fans of the excellent Punisher game?)

All in all a great little fighter, very enjoyable so far. I think if you enjoy this check out Revenge of the Sith as that was a nice arcade brawler.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how the weakest system available put out the best TMNT game.....and I have the PC, DS and GBA versions of it.
gbasp.gif

Running on a SCminiSD I only encountered one level that had about 1-2 seconds of slowdown and sound skipping. Not too bad.....I can deal with that.

Is Revenge of the Sith on GBA better than the DS version? (besides the 3D flying sequences of course) I absolutely HATED the DS version.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how the weakest system available put out the best TMNT game.....and I have the PC, DS and GBA versions of it.Â
gbasp.gif

Running on a SCminiSD I only encountered one level that had about 1-2 seconds of slowdown and sound skipping. Not too bad.....I can deal with that.

Is Revenge of the Sith on GBA better than the DS version? (besides the 3D flying sequences of course)Â I absolutely HATED the DS version.
Never tried the DS version but the GBA version doesnt seem to play as well on a DS than on a GBA, just like a lot of games really.

I do admit that the first few levels were a bit meh but it got a lot better.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
AWESOME game
if you ever liked turtles in time, this is the next step. side scrolling action, air juggles, this game has it all. 2 player with GBA link would've been icing though

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This looks like the arcade game that was released years ago of TMNT. Hopefully you'll be able to play 2 players by using the link cable. Just a pity you can't play all 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one