^^title-2070^^

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought this was a new game, but it is the last one but you play a female character. Cant see why they changed the name for US release, unless they want people to buy it thinking it was a new game like I did.

Never mind at least the DS on will be out soon, I loved the last one and the GC game.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thought this was a new game, but it is the last one but you play a female character. Cant see why they changed the name for US release, unless they want people to buy it thinking it was a new game like I did.

Never mind at least the DS on will be out soon, I loved the last one and the GC game.

It is more than just FOMT with a female for the main character; there have been a few upgrades. Seeing how you're now chasing after guys there is a lot of new dialogue and sequences/events and the females from the last game now act as your rivals. Minor changes include a new points scoring system for completing events and tasks in the game, the ability to sell items to other towns people and some items have new features (eg. once you have a mirror you can change the colour of your outfit). I don't know what other changes are in place... I just skimmed over this preview, but apparently the improvements make it supreior to the previous game.

Personally I don't get why Natsume don't just have a combined version, being able to pick either a male or female at the start and having a selection of both sexes to marry in the game. Saying that however I have no idea what the DS version plays like so I'm looking forward to it!

smile.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is more than just FOMT with a female for the main character; there have been a few upgrades. Seeing how you're now chasing after guys there is a lot of new dialogue and sequences/events and the females from the last game now act as your rivals. Minor changes include a new points scoring system for completing events and tasks in the game, the ability to sell items to other towns people and some items have new features (eg. once you have a mirror you can change the colour of your outfit). I don't know what other changes are in place... I just skimmed over this preview, but apparently the improvements make it supreior to the previous game.

Personally I don't get why Natsume don't just have a combined version, being able to pick either a male or female at the start and having a selection of both sexes to marry in the game. Saying that however I have no idea what the DS version plays like so I'm looking forward to it!

smile.gif
Ah ok maybe I'll give it a go, but I'll probably not bother with the dating thing, unless the chick you play can be gay, and if not why not? Discrimination, Natsume you should be ashamed!

They use to have both sexes availble on I think SNES and GBC editions. DS version looks about the same but I think you can stroke, milk, clean cows and shear sheep and that using touch screen and loads of other things, sounds cool to me, and the menu interface should be easier with the touchscreen . Theres a preview here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/563/563218p1.html

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Natsume is not the creator of Harvest Moon, Marvelous is (before the advent of Marvelous, Victor Interactive was). Natsume is just the translator.

I've been playing the Japanese version of this (bokuj? monogatari for girl) for some time now. If anyone wants to talk about the jap version, PM me.

For all bokumono fans: in this section of the official site you can print your own foldable cute cow and dog
happy.gif

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
They use to have both sexes availble on I think SNES and GBC editions.

I don't think you could be a girl in the SNES version, but you could choose your sex (and cloth/hair color) in Bokuj? Monogatari GB3: Boy Meets Girl. Further, they had different abilities, and the character you didn't choose would help (and eventually date) you. I heartily recommend it.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They use to have both sexes availble on I think SNES and GBC editions.

I don't think you could be a girl in the SNES version, but you could choose your sex (and cloth/hair color) in Bokuj? Monogatari GB3: Boy Meets Girl. Further, they had different abilities, and the character you didn't choose would help (and eventually date) you. I heartily recommend it.
I think the Harvest Moon GB3 is the best of the series, I dont know if it came out in english I think my ROM was a homemade translation.

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I love harvest moon but i was hoping for a better release ;(. I never understood the marketing scheme behind releasing the girl version a year later.

The Japanese version was released eight months after the normal version. The north american MFOMT release was one year and eight months after their FOMT.

I wish you could date same-sex characters on both games. It would be fun. Ever tried to propose Gray in the boy version?
wink.gif

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
THIS GAME IS LAME!
All they did to make the girl sprite was add long blonde hair on the boy. Very very lazy. They should have made an all new character, like the girl you could choose from the Gameboy Color versions.

el_Sethro

Trophies
Website
don't got one
XP
Country
Canada
Thomas: "Hello. Are you a tourist?"

that's a lot friendlier than in the original, where he yells at the male character that "this is private property! You can't be here!"

Sexist bastard
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up