Sega is working on fixes for Sonic Origins

capsule_616x353.jpg

Sega has softly announced that it is working on fixes for the buggy Sonic the Hedgehog collection, Sonic Origins. In a Tweet posted yesterday, Sonic's social media manager reassured fans that some fixes would be coming. "The team's been listening and is working on fixing a variety of issues right now," the Tweet reads. As of now, it seems that the fixes may be a ways off, as she also writes "we'll make sure to get some more official messaging out once we have more info for everyone."

This follows comments made by Sonic Origins developer Stealth shortly after the game's release, saying he was "very unhappy" with the release. According to Stealth, he and Headcannon were responsible for some of the bugs in the game, but also insists many were introduced by Sega themselves, saying that Origins is not "what [they] turned in."

These bugs have proven controversial among the Sonic community. As reported by TheGamer, a modder working on a project called BetterOrigins abruptly canceled the project, announcing "After really digging into the files for this game, it's become way clearer that this game is absolute shit." Our own Sonic superfan wrote "there's so much wrong that it makes it incredibly hard to recommend Sonic Origins, while still loving it so much" in the official GBAtemp review.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega has softly announced that it is working on fixes for the buggy Sonic the Hedgehog collection, Sonic Origins. In a Tweet posted yesterday, Sonic's social media manager reassured fans that some fixes would be coming. "The team's been listening and is working on fixing a variety of issues right now," the Tweet reads. As of now, it seems that the fixes may be a ways off, as she also writes "we'll make sure to get some more official messaging out once we have more info for everyone."

This follows comments made by Sonic Origins developer Stealth shortly after the game's release, saying he was "very unhappy" with the release. According to Stealth, he and Headcannon were responsible for some of the bugs in the game, but also insists many were introduced by Sega themselves, saying that Origins is not "what [they] turned in."

These bugs have proven controversial among the Sonic community. As reported by TheGamer, a modder working on a project called BetterOrigins abruptly canceled the project, announcing "After really digging into the files for this game, it's become way clearer that this game is absolute shit." Our own Sonic superfan wrote "there's so much wrong that it makes it incredibly hard to recommend Sonic Origins, while still loving it so much" in the official GBAtemp review.
I hate how Sega basically forced them to push out a game that the devs were clearly not done making.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's sad that they took this long to release any sort of announcement or acknowledgement about the situation. Fans and reviewers have been critical of the game, pointing out issues and having compilation videos of glitches.
I'm hoping the people they get to fix the game are from Headcannon, and that they push forward to make sure things like this don't happen again.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet most of the previously available and adequately functional versions are now delisted, leaving only this mess of garbage.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw Sega.

Just play the remakes and A.I.R. version instead.

I am thinking about buying Sonic 3D Blast to support Jon Burton as he's been improving it with his Director's Cut.

I didn't grew up playing this, but my God, Green Grove tune sounds so catchy! :)

Saturn music wasn't bad, it was just different.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game is so stupid. It's incredible that they couldn't make 3 games that were made almost 30 years ago run great on today's systems.

Couldn't even bother to get the classic tracks sorted out and put out something meaningful for the fans. Everyone who purchased this compilation got scammed.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ya know, Sega, this wouldn't have happened if you fucking let the devs finish the game, heh

...A sale of the company to Nintendo, that is.
I'd rather keep getting shitty Sonic games but tons of fan-made goodies that have shittendo cancel everything under their draconian and retarded rules

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a bit too late to start addressing these concerns now.
It's never too late to fix sloppy releases. Sure, it shouldn't have to happen in the first place, but that doesn't mean the product should stay bad forever if it can be salvaged. I know it's the obvious example here, but No Man's Sky was saved by its countless patches fixing all the glaring problems it had.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never buy a SEGA game early on because they always go on sale
Almost everything goes on sale. (Except Factorio.)

And yet, people still get hyped for new releases and buy things on day one and pay for pre-orders and even digital pre-orders while their backlogs grow longer and longer. I don't get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: