Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eh? Anyway I was expecting a half decent 2D fighter or something and instead it seems more like an elaborate game of paper, scissors, stone. You can move your character about so you're within range of the enemy, select an appropriate attack, make the attack as powerful as you can by pressing the A button in the middle of a swinging meter and repeat until the enemy is dead.
It seems like there could be a reasonable amount to the game; you can do other stuff like defend enemy attacks and when you finish a battle you can upgrade one the areas of attack and you character can level up and stuff. Otherwise I was a little disapointed, but then again I had only played a single battle so I'll probably check it out again tonight...

smile.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why do they continue to choose the wrong genre when developing a game out of this anime? :/ Give us Devil May Cry, not Street Fighter or anything like that...

All my faith rest with the PS2-version which I haven't heard squat about and that's why my fingers are still crossed that it'll turn out good.

L

lastdual

Most anime series turned into games are just like most hollywood movies turned into games...

They suck.

Now if it was based off the cleaning detergent, that would have at least been original.

gouki2005

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
That's why it says JAPAN in the brackets, duh (Or are there any JAPAN multi-language dumps?Â
dry.gif
)

The first GBA Puyo Puyo and Chu Chu Rocket both had English translations right in the original Japanese cartdrige. However, that's very uncommon. I don't care, English translations suck anyway
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is Bleach going to be in that Jump Superstar game for the DS? And if the theory that anime turned into videogames is like movies turned into games..... Then what are the chances that Jump Superstar will turn into a flaming wreck?

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Bleach going to be in that Jump Superstar game for the DS? And if the theory that anime turned into videogames is like movies turned into games..... Then what are the chances that Jump Superstar will turn into a flaming wreck?
There really isn't any comparison between anime->game and movie->game. The former is usually the work of a Japanese company flexing it's licenses and is generally focused on one console at a time. The latter is usually the work of an American or European company handling a version of the game for all the major consoles and one or two handhelds. You can expect a LOT less quality from the latter.

That's not saying there aren't bad anime-based games.....in fact, there are quite a lot of them...but anime-based games generally have a much better chance of actually being worth playing, and they have a much higher rate of "rare gems" (Astro Boy GBA, early Yu Yu Hakusho games, a select few Dragonball/DBZ games, etc).

Anyway, Jump Superstars may not be quite the Super Smash Bros DS everyone is hoping it will be, but everything so far indicates a quality title that will be enjoyable on the merits of it's gameplay alone, and the manga panel/support character system is actually so dangerously inventive it might just be innovative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo