^^title-2064^^

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by djgarf, Jul 22, 2005.

Jul 22, 2005

^^title-2064^^ by djgarf at 3:29 PM (1,897 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. djgarf
    OP

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

United Kingdom
    ^^release-2064^^

2. StingX

Member StingX Hates Technology

United States
    by the picture alone doesn't it remind you of those SNES superscope games starring some guy named Falcon

3. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Eh? Anyway I was expecting a half decent 2D fighter or something and instead it seems more like an elaborate game of paper, scissors, stone. You can move your character about so you're within range of the enemy, select an appropriate attack, make the attack as powerful as you can by pressing the A button in the middle of a swinging meter and repeat until the enemy is dead.
    It seems like there could be a reasonable amount to the game; you can do other stuff like defend enemy attacks and when you finish a battle you can upgrade one the areas of attack and you character can level up and stuff. Otherwise I was a little disapointed, but then again I had only played a single battle so I'll probably check it out again tonight...

[​IMG]

4. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    "You loved it as a cleaning agent, now you'll flip over the video game!"

"Buy it today! NEW! Bleach: The Game!"

5. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Lol i hope you know that Bleach is really good anime/manga Cruddy... so dont insult it [​IMG] :'(

6. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Why do they continue to choose the wrong genre when developing a game out of this anime? :/ Give us Devil May Cry, not Street Fighter or anything like that...

All my faith rest with the PS2-version which I haven't heard squat about and that's why my fingers are still crossed that it'll turn out good.

7. gigagreato

Member gigagreato Advanced Member

Jamaica
    Hmmmm......Any English options in this?

8. Chiaki

Member Chiaki GBAtemp Fan

Germany

NO

That's why it says JAPAN in the brackets, duh (Or are there any JAPAN multi-language dumps? [​IMG] )

9. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

Most anime series turned into games are just like most hollywood movies turned into games...

They suck.

Now if it was based off the cleaning detergent, that would have at least been original.

10. gouki2005

Newcomer gouki2005 Newbie

El Salvador

in fact yes if you download yugioh 7 Trials to Glory: World Championship Tournament 2005 but japanes version you can change the language for english or japanese as you wish

11. guardian_457

Member guardian_457 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    what? so that means u can play bleach in english????

12. leoboiko

Member leoboiko Advanced Member

Brazil
    The first GBA Puyo Puyo and Chu Chu Rocket both had English translations right in the original Japanese cartdrige. However, that's very uncommon. I don't care, English translations suck anyway [​IMG]

13. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    cool bleach i started watching it a week or so ago really great anime

14. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Is Bleach going to be in that Jump Superstar game for the DS? And if the theory that anime turned into videogames is like movies turned into games..... Then what are the chances that Jump Superstar will turn into a flaming wreck?

15. Dais

Banned Dais Banned

United States
    There really isn't any comparison between anime->game and movie->game. The former is usually the work of a Japanese company flexing it's licenses and is generally focused on one console at a time. The latter is usually the work of an American or European company handling a version of the game for all the major consoles and one or two handhelds. You can expect a LOT less quality from the latter.

That's not saying there aren't bad anime-based games.....in fact, there are quite a lot of them...but anime-based games generally have a much better chance of actually being worth playing, and they have a much higher rate of "rare gems" (Astro Boy GBA, early Yu Yu Hakusho games, a select few Dragonball/DBZ games, etc).

Anyway, Jump Superstars may not be quite the Super Smash Bros DS everyone is hoping it will be, but everything so far indicates a quality title that will be enjoyable on the merits of it's gameplay alone, and the manga panel/support character system is actually so dangerously inventive it might just be innovative.