^^title-2042^^

Chakal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really waited for this game. And now I see that it is a 256 rom. I only have a 128 flash cart. Why hasn't it the same size as the japanese version?
It's really depressing. The whole time you wait for a rom and than you couldn't play it on your gameboy.

cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif

Buy the real game
tongue.gif

I played a bit and it seems good.

Shinji_PG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The dialogs are actually nice and they don't flood the game too much, IMO. And they are anime-like, as in, you feel like you're watching an anime. At least I did. And the battles are great, along with the music and artwork ^^ A really nice game.

*Goes back to game*

subanark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOW... I loved this game, when it came out in japan... now I'll have a chance to figure out what everybody was saying. I'm really supprised that is came to the US.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
I really waited for this game. And now I see that it is a 256 rom. I only have a 128 flash cart. Why hasn't it the same size as the japanese version?
It's really depressing. The whole time you wait for a rom and than you couldn't play it on your gameboy.

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

Buy the real game
tongue.gif

Play it on a pocket PC, resolution is higher and 512mb card and 1go card are not expansive.

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

Buy the real game
tongue.gif

Play it on a pocket PC, resolution is higher and 512mb card and 1go card are not expansive.
Or you can play it on a PC. GB of memory, fast processors, and even higher resolution.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hm, avg. ratio @ GameRankings is only 70%? I'll pass this one then - I only have 128Mbit cards anyway, so... Good thing it wasn't a 90%+ game
tongue.gif

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello ...i used XVI32 to remove all the crap form the game, but even after that it still has 255 MB O_O i cant remove anything else or i will screw the game...any ideas?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's awesome! I've played it for about 45 minutes, and I'm still at Heaven's Gate, so it's obviously quite the lengthy title. I love everything about it, it's a polished title that's even worth a purchase.

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello ...i used XVI32 to remove all the crap form the game, but even after that it still has 255 MB O_O i cant remove anything else or i will screw the game...any ideas?

Hmmmm, I don't know, how about you read the whole topic to see that there has been a trimmed rom released that is about 130mb in size.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I need to play through it quickly. The actual gameplay doesn't appeal to me, but I need to know who composed and whatnot...

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah i know there is a 130 mb version, i was trimming the rom myself.......anyway i will look for the already trimmed rom cause i cant trimm it correctly, i get it to 255 mb and it stops saving XD

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game was translated very well, and for a game like this that is menu and dialog driven this is crucial.
Hopefully this game does well and Atlus translates more Japanese GBA games.

I can see this game having a very specific appeal. Anime fans will probably love this because of the good story, good graphics, and fancy effects.

Think of Riviera as a handheld story with some RPG elements mixed in, and the game will probably be a lot more enjoyable.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a really good RPG. Though the enviorments kinda bug me. Walking forward returns you to the same exact place but on hte map your somewhere else. So when they say "Wow, we've gone really far now" I think "What the smeck? We just walked in circles!" and the Looking system seems kinda dumb, Im the very curoius type of person so my TP points go out real quick.

Still though, the game looks and plays rather good even though it looks like an LCD game with the static over used backgrounds. Though they are really really good looking backgrounds.

Still though, I dont think the 256 mbits is worth filling up my EZFA I cant stand having only one game on the cart for too long.
I'll try trimming it with GBAta, 128mbit is suitable :3

Again, this is a great game, a little confusing, but fun :3
Not as fast as I like RPGs, but they never really are fast. Though this one has no real places to explore, so besides the confusing SIMULAR backgrounds movement is pretty fast.

I think Id rather buy the game though
happy.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had problems with TP, use Overdrive moves to finish the battle as Dais says, doesn't matter what level although higher level Overdrives give you a better chance at an S rank.
Think of the ranking this way, what would impress you more? A stab in the arm to finish a guy off or essentially slapping the guy silly to finish them off?
tongue.gif

Also, as jeffkong pointed out, if you think of this game more of a story with RPG elements in it then you'll probably enjoy it more.

BFC

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hm, avg. ratio @ GameRankings is only 70%? I'll pass this one then

Average from 2(!) reviews
rolleyes.gif
The other 2 reviews that didn't count for the score were 80% and 87%. Why do people let themself be influenced so much by a few reviews? Do you have no own opinion? GT3 scored 90 and more everywhere and it sucked for me - so what? And this "I only play 90 and higher games" is ridiculous anyway. There are many 70er games I like a lot more than so-called 90ers because they play more simple, don't have stupid features I hate etc. There can be many reasons. If the other reviews follow this score-area it is a bit disappointing of course but I would wait a bit more for other opinions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!