Hacking Tired of Gateway Complaints

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL I'd actually prefer eBay. They take a smaller cut. Set up a Paypal, takes less than ten minutes, and you would need a bank account or debit card to attach to it.

well i live in europe so everything is + 25 euros shipping and u need a US bank account with dollars and a mastercard and i dont have a mastercard so that isnt going to work

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
paypal doesn't require US bank accounts, doesn't require dollars (they convert as you pay on current rates), and there are worldwide sellers. Try ebay.co.uk to get priority on UK sellers for example.

I mean, they won't suck money from my account will they (not sure how Paypal works when you make an account) :D
Nope, the only thing they do is take one dollar and give you a code on the bank statement, that you should input in paypal. This, only if you choose to verify yourself. And you get that dollar back. You don't have to IIRC.
And sending money to people, and receiving money from people, they want a cut. This does NOT happen when using eBay, or use paypal to buy in web stores (humble bundles etc.)

GBOT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So is there any way to block or hide these annoying and repetitive people posts? Like a gbatemp ignore option or something

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Where did I write that I'm complaining? o.o

"I don't really care about the Gateway, therefore I find those complains annoying the most. I don't really get what functionality this card could have, other than piracy, and I understand even less why people are surprised that a company is doing its best to block this threat as much as possible. Just wait, or accept the fact that not paying for others' hard work is shitty."

Back up your own games, problem solved. Piracy is a side effect of hacking, it's been happening for years, it won't kill sales or make businesses go under. That's a myth.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see where the team officially said that it can't or won't work with FW up to 6.2 because I just found proof that it does.

Basically, there are two exploits at play here.

One of them uses DS mode (hence the need for the R4 clone) - and the other actually loads the ROMs. The DS mode exploit will work up to 6.2, but that launcher.dat is blocked (and probably the entire method they're using to load code), so EFFECTIVELY it needs 4.5.

I never said it will never work, I'm saying it won't work with newer than 4.5 as of the time of writing.

Piracy [...] won't kill sales or make businesses go under. That's a myth.

THIS. Sick and tired of seeing people whine about piracy, if you don't want to pirate then don't do it. But don't take it out on everyone who does at the same time.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"I don't really care about the Gateway, therefore I find those complains annoying the most. I don't really get what functionality this card could have, other than piracy, and I understand even less why people are surprised that a company is doing its best to block this threat as much as possible. Just wait, or accept the fact that not paying for others' hard work is shitty."

Back up your own games, problem solved. Piracy is a side effect of hacking, it's been happening for years, it won't kill sales or make businesses go under. That's a myth.

I'm confused, how is that complaining? He's only saying he doesn't care about the card because of the reasons stated above.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And i'am tired of the whole Gateway-thing...

There are so very few intresting games for the 3DS... for such a system, really only absolute bare-ass guys have to pirate. My friend got his 3DS at launch. From the 3DS launch until now, there were less than 10 games that were really intresting or must-have-titles, and i always played this titles on his 3DS. I'll buy myself a 3DS XL next month, and ONLY cause Ninty is publishing the stylish Legend of Zelda Between Worlds 3DS XL Bundle here in Europe. Just for the shelf, and maybe for some future titles that may be intresting.

If someone would donate me a 3DS XL with 4.5 Firmware and a Gateway... i had no idea what games i should put on it. In NDS times, there were many good titles, that someone who did not pirate, could have missed. But on the 3DS?!?! :rolleyes: :ha:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, there are two exploits at play here.

One of them uses DS mode (hence the need for the R4 clone) - and the other actually loads the ROMs. The DS mode exploit will work up to 6.2, but that launcher.dat is blocked (and probably the entire method they're using to load code), so EFFECTIVELY it needs 4.5.

I never said it will never work, I'm saying it won't work with newer than 4.5 as of the time of writing.

THIS. Sick and tired of seeing people whine about piracy, if you don't want to pirate then don't do it. But don't take it out on everyone who does at the same time.

Which doesn't rule out that they're working on it as we speak. No one, but the GW team themselves, can officially state that they will or won't work on 6.2. :P

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said they aren't working on it.

But as far as their 2.0 update bringing actually useful features like ROM dumping and NAND backups, it's not really a question why.

It would take them a lot more effort to find an exploit in newer 3DS firmwares (IF it's even possible - like I said, the PS3 for example cannot be hacked past 3.55 which is YEARS old now), so I'm at least glad they're adding functionality rather than going dead for months while they try to find an exploit in a possibly futile attempt.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

*sigh. Sorry, I myself do not see how he was complaining in any way. he was just saying he didn't care about the card... for all the reasns he stated above.
I never said they aren't working on it.

But as far as their 2.0 update bringing actually useful features like ROM dumping and NAND backups, it's not really a question why.

It would take them a lot more effort to find an exploit in newer 3DS firmwares (IF it's even possible - like I said, the PS3 for example cannot be hacked past 3.55 which is YEARS old now), so I'm at least glad they're adding functionality rather than going dead for months while they try to find an exploit in a possibly futile attempt.
Agreed. Support for existing users is very important. I'm just surprised they made it this far.

Honestly, I do not expect them to find a working exploit for 6.x and more.
Not for being pessimistic but finding a new exploit may take weeks, months, even years. I'm being realistic. Gateway team aren't magicians, so be patient and wait!

Either do that or buy another console with an old firmware, before they're completely gone.
Ebay is your friend. U can also look for refurbished 3DS.
Also check a few stires if they git a 3DS with a 2012 tag on it.
Lasty check mom and pop shops, flea markets and stores selling sed stuff.
I got lots of these stores in my region and god knows, you would be surprised with what u can find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1