Status
Not open for further replies.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
OK, I found the problem, If your switch region was set to anything other than Europe or Australia/New Zealand it will go to Japanese. This should fix that. I'll push an update to the git later.

EDIT: Git updated.
Yeah my region is "The Americas" Trying the new version.
Post automatically merged:

Using the one you put here, the only thing is now every time you open the program ask for new update. the update is reported like OK but still asking to update, using the one on the GitHub the update dialog stops.

Another twich, the SD:/switch/tinwoo/lang/custom.json file, only works if you have the language set to EN, any other language takes precedence over custom one.

Last edited by impeeza,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yeah my region is "The Americas" Trying the new version.

Using the one you put here, the only thing is now every time you open the program ask for new update. the update is reported like OK but still asking to update, using the one on the GitHub the update dialog stops.

Another twich, the SD:/switch/tinwoo/lang/custom.json file, only works if you have the language set to EN, any other language takes precedence over custom one.
The one on the github is updated to 1.0.19 that's why it's not asking to update, the one posted here hasn't had the update version updated hence that's why it's asking you to update from the github.

Yes I know if you set the language to EN it uses the custom language if it exists, that's why I told you to select that - it's not a bug, I pusposely coded it that way. I could add code into the app to do the same for other languages but for now it's not needed. I only use the custom languages for testing stuff anyway. If t's bugging you I'll mod that bit in the code to this, that way it won't matter which langauge is selected, also I still need to re-add system language detection so I'll be doing that later, then add an update to the git.

Code:
void Load() {
        std::ifstream ifs;
        std::string languagePath;
        int langInt = inst::config::languageSetting;
        if (std::filesystem::exists(inst::config::appDir + "/lang/custom.json")) {
            languagePath = (inst::config::appDir + "/lang/custom.json");
        }
        else {
            switch (langInt) {
          case 0:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/en.json";
              break;
          case 1:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/jp.json";
              break;
          case 2:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/fr.json";
              break;
          case 3:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/de.json";
              break;
          case 4:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/it.json";
              break;
          case 5:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/ru.json";
              break;
          case 6:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/es.json";
              break;
          case 7:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/tw.json";
              break;
          default:
              languagePath = "romfs:/lang/en.json";
              break;
          }
        }
        if (std::filesystem::exists(languagePath)) ifs = std::ifstream(languagePath);
        else ifs = std::ifstream("romfs:/lang/en.json");
        if (!ifs.good()) {
            std::cout << "[FAILED TO LOAD LANGUAGE FILE]" << std::endl;
            return;
        }
        lang = json::parse(ifs);
        ifs.close();
    }

Apart from that - it should be working in English now.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
You are very welcome.
There's been a few updates to Tinwoo recently. You can now run a http server straight from a USB hard drive attached to a laptop and install via http.

The server files are here:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo/blob/Main/USB Http Server.zip

You can just extract those to the root of the usb hard drive and start the server - any nsp/xci etc will be able to be installed via the internet, you can even share them with your friends in a different country in the same way. (As long you you port forward on your router and allow access via your firewall). Also you can paste links on github/pastebin etc and tinwoo will install via them. Not only from a home server but via http/https links for online server addresses as well.

Example Pastebin links:

In tinwoo on your settings page you would enter that url and you'd be able to install nsp/xci etc via the network install. Click on download raw to see the link the link you would put in tinwoo settings page.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Tinwoo Last of us theme, enjoy!
EfD7QeJ.jpg

Tinwoo Resident Evil 4 Theme.
I3PZ5dX.jpg
Beautifull!!!

Reactions: peteruk

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use Tinwoo to uninstall an DLC update? I had found the Teal Mask DLC and had seen on a couple posts that the old Uniform DLC that came out around February would have to be removed for the update that came out last week would work so that the Teal Mask would then activate. I don't see an option with Tinwoo to uninstall a file, is there a way to do this without screwing up the progress of the game and have to start over? I have a bunch of Pokemon that I had added using some of the codes from the cheats section months ago that I don't want to lose. Any help would be welcome :)

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Is there a way to use Tinwoo to uninstall an DLC update? I had found the Teal Mask DLC and had seen on a couple posts that the old Uniform DLC that came out around February would have to be removed for the update that came out last week would work so that the Teal Mask would then activate. I don't see an option with Tinwoo to uninstall a file, is there a way to do this without screwing up the progress of the game and have to start over? I have a bunch of Pokemon that I had added using some of the codes from the cheats section months ago that I don't want to lose. Any help would be welcome :)
EDIT: Old format theme removed.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
New Tinwoo Released, Now you can theme everything! This is my first theme which took me a few hours to make the icons, backrounds, modded font and colour scheme - it can be downloaded from the themes menu.

l4oeumI.png

You can change all the colours/music/fonts/graphics. You can also use custom language files if yours isn't supported or translated wrongly. Also now you can use background music - all modtracker modules/mp3 etc are supported via sdl2.

Enjoy, also those that make excellent custom themes PM me with theme and I'll add them to the theme downloads.

Last edited by mrdude,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you so much it-s great!!!
New Tinwoo Released, Now you can theme everything!

l4oeumI.png

You can change all the colours/music/fonts/graphics. You can also use custom language files if yours isn't supported or translated wrongly. Also now you can use background music - all modtracker modules/mp3 etc are supported via sdl2.

Enjoy, also those that make excellent custom themes PM me with them and I'll add them to the theme downloads.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thank you so much it-s great!!!
No worries, also delete all the previous stuff in your tinwoo directory as old themes won't work anymore due to the new way that a json file is used to set everything, also if you have a custom language installed you will need to update it as new stuff has been added.

EDIT: I just did a silent update to allow curl to connect to servers faster and put the background music on a new thread. So if you already downloaded, you can download again if you are finding connecting to servers a bit slower than normal.

Last edited by mrdude,

bigking94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TinWoo 1.0.19 can you send me a current link, I would like to test the current version.

Why was it removed from github?

I would really like to test it, please.

Last edited by bigking94,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since