Hacking Question Tinfoil no files in usb/usbfs

  • Thread starter Thread starter KatsuKiogin
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 22,374
  • Replies Replies 6

KatsuKiogin

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Dec 27, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
135
Country
United States
I have tinfoil on my switch and nut on my pc. I also have the libusbk driver installed via zadig. I scan the directory in nut, and my nsps,nsz, and xci show up on nut. Tinfoil, I open up and then connect USB. The nut will say USB connected and it is ready. Tinfoil, however will not show any files in USB or usbfs. I am extremely confused can't find much online on this as I have searched for a bit. So far, I have wiped Nut and Tinfoil and downloaded the latest, and re-installed them with no luck, I moved the files to another directory, Uninstalled them, and installed the drivers again. I am using Atmosphere CFW, and is either the latest or the one before the latest

Update: It ended up being something really funny. I ended up just wiping tinfoil and reinstalling nut and tinfoil altogether. I know this is a really late Update, but honestly, I forgot I asked here. Hopefully, this helps someone. This was pre-Tinfoil 15.
 
Last edited by KatsuKiogin,
I have tinfoil on my switch and nut on my pc. I also have the libusbk driver installed via zadig. I scan the directory in nut and my nsps,nsz, and xci show up on nut. Tinfoil I open up and then connect USB. Nut will say USB connected and it is ready. Tinfoil however will not show any files in USB or usbfs. I am extremely confused can't find much online on this as I have searched for a bit. So far I have wiped Nut and Tinfoil and downloaded the latest and re-installed them no luck, I moved the files to another directory, Uninstalled, and installed the drivers again. I am using Atmosphere CFW and is either the latest or the one before the latest
Try using TinWoo Installer instead.
 
I have tinfoil on my switch and nut on my pc. I also have the libusbk driver installed via zadig. I scan the directory in nut and my nsps,nsz, and xci show up on nut. Tinfoil I open up and then connect USB. Nut will say USB connected and it is ready. Tinfoil however will not show any files in USB or usbfs. I am extremely confused can't find much online on this as I have searched for a bit. So far I have wiped Nut and Tinfoil and downloaded the latest and re-installed them no luck, I moved the files to another directory, Uninstalled, and installed the drivers again. I am using Atmosphere CFW and is either the latest or the one before the latest


tinfoils usb protocol isnt enabled by default even though its listed, edit it and enable usb
 
How can I do such a thing?
download nutt drivers from tinfoi.io. thats all you need. then plug switch into pc, start tinfoil, tinfoil will go into usb mode and your switch will pop up under "my computer" then just drag any game/update/dlc to the "install" folder inside the "switch" folder. when the transfer bar is complete, back out to your homemenu and the game will have been installed.
 
tinfoils usb protocol isnt enabled by default even though its listed, edit it and enable usb
Figured out how to use the USB protocol without needing USBFS:

*****Make sure that nut is in the directory where your games are on your PC!!!!*****

1) Run nut on your pc
2) Run Tinfoil (13 is fine)
3) Click "Scan" on nut, it should find and list all your game files
4) Organize Files (it will create and organize the directory structure in the folder where you placed it
5) Tinfoil: File Browser -> USB
6) From here you can select which games you want to install. Done deal. No need to run USBFS.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted