Homebrew Question Tinfoil / HBG Shop and Kosmos

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that has been bugging me for a time. Both Tinfoil and its forks (like HBG Shop) come in all-in-one packages that come with their own version of Atmosphere and the necessary patches. I currently have the Kosmos package installed along with the patches, both from the sdsetup website. Will Tinfoil work fine if I just install the Tinfoil folder instead of installing everything? Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

I have a question that has been bugging me for a time. Both Tinfoil and its forks (like HBG Shop) come in all-in-one packages that come with their own version of Atmosphere and the necessary patches. I currently have the Kosmos package installed along with the patches, both from the sdsetup website. Will Tinfoil work fine if I just install the Tinfoil folder instead of installing everything? Thanks in advance.

Download freeshop

Copy all contents

Paste all contents to sd and overwrite when prompted

Thats pretty much it, doesn't get easier than that

Some hombrews will act funny

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download freeshop

Copy all contents

Paste all contents to sd and overwrite when prompted

Thats pretty much it, doesn't get easier than that

Some hombrews will act funny
Yeah, I tried all contents, and some homebrew applications don't act the way they should (cheats and Edizon for example), which is why I'm asking if only installing the folder that says "tinfoil" to the "switch" folder will simply do.

Last edited by MushGuy,
D

Deleted User

Yeah, I tried all contents, and some homebrew applications don't act like they should (Edizon for example), which is why I'm asking if only installing the folder that says "tinfoil" to the "switch" folder will simply do.

No that's why the extra files are there

Try applet mode and non applet mode for your hombrews - Some hombrews we are awaiting updates

If you figure out a way let me know

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I tried all contents, and some homebrew applications don't act the way they should (cheats and Edizon for example), which is why I'm asking if only installing the folder that says "tinfoil" to the "switch" folder will simply do.

Okay got hombrew working with full ram access and freeshop installed

Grab freeshop TheBigPP for 11-7
Same setup as others - Extract to sd card and overwrite
I can now launch hombrew apps with full ram access unlike previous freeshops

Tried pfba, pnes, psnes, retroarch 1.81 - Gonna try forwaders

Retroarch forwarder works all my pfba,pnes,psnes forwarders dont

Last edited by ,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current version of DZ/Tinfoil does not need the included atmosphere fork and works fine with stock Kosmos, as long as you get sigpatches from somewhere. So just copying the Tinfoil folder is sufficient for now.

Still wasn't that long ago that Blawar was blocking stock atmosphere/kosmos so he might do it again in a future release when the mood strikes him.

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current version of DZ/Tinfoil does not need the included atmosphere fork and works fine with stock Kosmos, as long as you get sigpatches from somewhere. So just copying the Tinfoil folder is sufficient for now.

Still wasn't that long ago that Blawar was blocking stock atmosphere/kosmos so he might do it again in a future release when the mood strikes him.
Just tried it. Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1