Homebrew Question Tinfoil builds that work directly connected to usb-ext?

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to setup a switch on fat32 but running into filesize issues with nsp installs. I had a tinfoil build archived that previously worked with a ext usb hd (directly connected with a usb-c adapter) but on this new switch I cannot get the USBHDD to refresh?

Does anyone have any advice or helpful tips on how to get the USBHDD to list contents?

I've tried using the latest build found here - https://tinfoil.io/repo/tinfoil.latest.zip

I am getting a error about it not having enough memory on launch, and i am launching from HBL which does confirm its in applet mode. I don't believe thats whats causing the no-listing bug however as this has been a consistent bug with previous builds. I recalled a recent build "fixing" this issue, but now here it is again?

Thanks gba-fam. Hoping that one day we can get some stable libraries with USB access so we don't have to fight this fight much longer!

Edit - I've been told this is a sx feature? Weird....I've gotten this working on my switch before? You just have to add a locations.conf with a usbhdd like so -

["usbhdd:/","usb:/","usbfs:/","sdmc:/","system:/","user:/","safe:/"]

and it should work? Oh well, guess its nut with pc it is!

Last edited by iriez,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only works with SXOS. Install the forwarder to run it in high memory mode, Tinfoil no longer supports applet mode. However that wont fix the USBHDD problem (that requires running sxos).

Reactions: iriez

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
After exploring options out there I can conclude the following - There are no stable options.

Fluffy or Nut via USB or Network all result in random crashes or application errors forcing you to stop it regardless of versions used (latest dz, ogtinfoil 0.3.0 or addubz 0.2.x usb fix).

So for those who want/need fat32 (mainly retroarch), looks like its donkey dicks for you if you need to install a big nsp. Meaning, you'll need to use splitNSP + n1dus or whatever installer does split NSP's for a lengthy manual process. Was just hoping to batch install to save time, but frankly all of this is taking so much time diagnosing problems that the manual process *may* even be faster haha.

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usbhdd stopped working again in tinfoil? haven't used for awhile but >8.0 no longer works. SXInstaller still works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: