Hacking Time to upgrade my M3 DS Reals, what should I get next?

ColdBrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 3 M3 DS Reals that I need to upgrade. It seems there isn't much support left for them any more plus they don't work in the 3DS. The replacements are going in 2 3DS's and 1 Lite.

I've read a lot of topics and it seems there is no ONE cart that everyone seems to agree is the one to get. If you are willing to spend the money, the DSTWO seems like the best one for the 3DS. And between the cheaper ones (R4i Gold 3DS and Acekard 2i) depends on if you like WOODR4 or AKAIO better.

For MY 3DS I plan to get the DSTWO just because it seems like it has some cool features I might like to play with, but for the other two (they are for my kids), the only thing that matters is compatability with ROMS, support, and easy of use. They don't have any need for the features of the DSTWO.

What is your opinion of the benifits of the two cheaper models from the view of compatability with ROMS, support, and easy of use. I considered just buying one of each, but the thought of having to find updates for 3 different carts seems like too much trouble.

Maybe I'm missing another cart option? Thanks for the advice.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
pocket.likeits
XP
Country
United States
Personally I prefer the AK2i, it's easy to use, has fast compatibility updates, and is alright in terms of price. Around $12-$17 per cart. However, if you're looking for the cheapest solution I hear the R4i Gold 3DS is a good cart, although I have no experience with it.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab a DSTWO for yourself, and two Acekard 2is. Each card has about the same level of compatibility, though DSTWO and R4i Gold get faster updates. However, there are tons of R4s on the market that are clones.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Entropy Trap
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I own all three of them and personally I love the R4i Gold. It has the fastest updates and does everything I want. Not to mention it has Wood R4, which is the best kernel out there in my option.
Also if you want to find a legit one, I just bought this one and confirm that they ship legit cards and have very fast shipping.

ColdBrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up getting 1 of the DSTWO and 2 of the R4i Gold 3DS. Hearing from someone that had all 3 helped. Although the file server for the Gold is down. Not a good start but I was able to get all the files from filetrip.

Hopefully they get here by my kids birthday. Got them from Real Hot Deals. I've used them a few times in the past with no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...