Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS is pretty much... Dead. Just today, was playing Big Bang Mini, then suddenly, the screen had lines. And it was darker than the touch screen... Bleh. I was scared it wasn't gonna work anymore. Turned it off, then turned it on again. Lines were still there. Just left it there and never played it for about 1 hour. Then played it again, and it was gone.

So anyway, the hinge is pretty much, fully exposed. And it is getting lose... Don't wanna risk it breaking anymore (The one beside the power indicator thingy). The power light thingy... Like where it shows it is on and off, if it is charging or dying, look at the opposite side... That's where the ribbon cable is now visible... L and R button work sometimes... But most of the time, don't work. Now I am seriously, deciding to replace the case... And if I am not sure I should do it yet or not, I will ask a professional... Hopefully, it can be someone in Canada or something... If not, someone in GBAtemp.

I was here to ask if I can use these parts to replace my DS case/housing.

Case #1 I don't have any plans of mixing 2 cases... Just wondering if they are any good.
Case #2 } That's all.
Case #3

Cross + Tri-wing screwdrivers
Precision Knife (Looks like a hobby knife to me xDD)
Mini Long Nose Pliers
[Can't find a good 0.5mm or 1/16th flathead screwdriver at DX. So far, only a 1/32...]

So yea... That's what I found... Tell me if I am missing anything important or where I can find a 1/16th flathead screwdriver. Thanks ^^,
Splych

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have my permission son >)(jk) i personally don't like transparent ones, so i'd go for the 1st one, if not try the TWEWY one(its silva:O) and imo, Dealextreme is very slow(hoping my ak2i comes
tongue.gif
)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome ^^. That Flat Head is optional anyway... I might as well just use the one I have... 1.4mm I think... Closest thing I could find to the 0.5mm Thieves Like Us recommended to get.

The TWEWY one is... Nyeh. I didn't really like the silver-ness... Not much people would know where the logo came from, but it is okay... So might still decide on which one.

I already know that DealExtreme ships slow... And also read that you should order things seperately... But, I don't think my parents would want multiple things ordered off of DealExtreme xDD

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Those transparent cases, the blue and the totally clear ones... do they include everything now? Like the bit that covers the LEDs on the hinge? I'm thinking of buying a damaged DSL on eBay that's missing the bit covering the LEDs, so I kinda wanted to know if those cases have that part
tongue.gif

I'm going to mix and match the blue and clear ones.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mhm... But everything I chose is in stock xDD. If all of them are in-stock, do they come in one big package or do they come in separate packages?

And for the clear cases, as far as I know, they come with all the parts... The only thing that sucks is that the blue one's screen border thingy is white so it doesn't really match the case itself... Unlike the clear one, it has everything and the white sorta goes with the clear case.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Clear ones are so distracting. I need a nice opaque casing. Considering you have a DSlite there's a plethora of nice cases you could get including the Zelda Triforce Gold one (if I had had a DSl I would have gotten that lovely piece)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon