Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I just bought a TI-84 plus for school a few weeks ago. it was working fine and all until today. I had it in my bag along with a little drink package and somehow it got ripped apart and the whole thing leaked in my bag. By the time I noticed it was all over my books and also some on the top of the calculator (where the USB port is). I wiped it clean and checked if it worked. It seemed to go on so I turned it back off. Then a few hours later I tried to put it on again but it didn't go on anymore. So are there any people who know whats going on, chip dead or something or is there a solution? I don't really want to spend another €100.
cry.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Take out the batteries (including the small round one if it's anything like my ti83) and put it in a warm spot for a while like above a heater or something (just not too hot, you don't want parts melting either
tongue.gif
) then after a few days give it another try. I'm not saying it'll work, but in theory, as long as nothing has fried from you turning it on while it was wet, it *could* work if it dries up again.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If the drying out doesn't work then it's probably worth seeing if you can slip it past their warranty. Store exchange would be your best bet cause they won't check inside the unit before replacing it
smile.gif

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the responses guys. I let it dry and put the batteries back in. It still didn't go on, so I figured it could be the batteries. I tried to switch the round one with another one. It didn't really look the same on one side but it was the same size so I tried it out anyway. After that I put the aaa batteries back in and pressed the on button. For a few seconds the screen sort of flashed and from what I could read it said "TI-84 plus" and under it it said ''RAM cleared". And it then went off and I couldn't put it back on. So does that mean it isn't broken? Is there something I can do? Or should I just go to the store I bought it from?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E