Three questions: NesDS, Gameboy, and GBA related

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jharp, Nov 28, 2009.

Nov 28, 2009
  1. Jharp
    OP

Newcomer Jharp Newbie

United States
    1. So I'm using NesDS for NES emulation. Only problem is when I compile my ROMs into a list to export the .nds file for my DS, it has to be under 3mb. That's not enough for me, and there are still a few more games I'd like to have. Is there any way around this or am I boned/have to use PocketNES?

2. I use Lameboy for Game Boy/GBC emulation, and it typically works great except for saving games. Some games that have anywhere or mostly anywhere saving like Legend of Zelda or Pokemon are fine, but games that require you to save at certain areas, or autosave like Super Mario Land 2 and 3, and Super Mario Bros Delux, it's really fiddly. I've literally had it save a game right where I was, then came back to it later and it was at a save quite sometime earlier and I lost a lot of progress.

3. Not sure if it's technically emulation related, but I have a slot 2 device (EZ Flash 3-n-1, my slot 1 is a CycloDS), and I wanted to know if there was any way to remap controls. I don't like the outward diagnol feel of the GBA buttons, and prefer to have it line up with my thumb placement so my two main buttons are more comfortable to use. The same setup you see in DS games like New Super Mario Bros is what I'd like to have for GBA games like the Mario Advance collection of remakes/ports. This would be a super easy and simple thing to fix if I could somehow map my y button, which is useless otherwise, to function as an a button. Is this possible?

Thanks!

2. shinnyuuya

Member shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Indonesia
    1. What is your problem? My DS can handle over 100MB game total. And NES game size is always below 512kb per game

2. My Lameboy works as it does

3. X and Y button is useless when emulate GBA (I think). it's build to pointing button as same button on the original GBA

3. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    2.in the bottom screen check your save state slots,if you started on ss0,and right now its grayed out(written "None)and change it

4. Jharp
    OP

Newcomer Jharp Newbie

United States
  5. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    3. No, there is no possible way to remap the controls and there will never be.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    1) You must be using an ancient version, get a DLDI one and use that instead.

2) It has always worked fine for me as well.

3) No way to do it in software, I saw a hardware kit to do it once though.

7. sethirion

Newcomer sethirion Advanced Member

United States
    I have not hear of a patch to do that, but I know of the patch for GBA for the use of SNES controller. I remember it was made by loopy (from Pocket Heaven) for a emulator called SNES Advance. Maybe you could ask him or point a programmer with the information loopy gives to you so someone can make a patch.

8. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Has nesDS been famous for randomly loading but not showing ROMs? Should I re-download?

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    With Lameboy, your in-game saves are not finalized until you press the X button or go back to the rom listing, both of which update the *.sav file on your card with the updated save data. If you don't do either of these (or use savestates), you will lose any progress you make.