Hardware Thoughts on the Wii U Pro Controller?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The prototype tablet was actually big [...], but the new gamepad is actually smaller
So the new tablet is smaller than the old tablet, and the screen looks smaller compared to the controller size than on the old version, so if the tablet itself is smaller, the screen is much smaller :unsure: Any official word on the tablet dimensions yet?

Nope, but from the picture I saw the gamepad looked much smaller, because one of the guys were holding it and it was actually comfortable to hold.
Can you please link to this picture?

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think it's pretty cool. I know I'm gonna be using the gamepad like crazy, but some games are just gonna be more comfortable to play if I have a regular controller.
In short, buying two of 'em once I get the Wii U - one for me and my boyfriend. Please Nintendo, just take my wallet already.

Reactions: 3 people
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The prototype tablet was actually big [...], but the new gamepad is actually smaller
So the new tablet is smaller than the old tablet, and the screen looks smaller compared to the controller size than on the old version, so if the tablet itself is smaller, the screen is much smaller :unsure: Any official word on the tablet dimensions yet?

Nope, but from the picture I saw the gamepad looked much smaller, because one of the guys were holding it and it was actually comfortable to hold.
Can you please link to this picture?

http://cdn.wiiublog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Black-Wii-U-Controller.jpg

Note how it looks a bit smaller than the previous one at E3 2011.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Please bring out a black wii u at launch. (Yes, I saw it already) :D
AulT2LZCQAEC_76.jpg

btw it has the stylus on the right side of the controller.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't look bad although I wish the analog placement was more like the 360 controller. I won't be using this, though.
Yeah, and then they would get their asses sued by Microsoft for infringing on patented designs.

Looks pretty good, like a X360 controller.
Probably the best design for a controller out there (aside from the D-Pad), but the overall weight, and size of the Xbox controller is perfect. And with this, it looks like Nintendo is saying "fuck you Microsoft, THIS is a d-pad". Which is great.

I like it because I love how comfortable the xbox controller is, butttttt the buttons look like they would be so awkward to use IMO.

It's a hell of a lot better a design than the PS3 controller. Seriously, that thing is a joke and anybody who prefers that over even a Wiimote is a fool. The R2 and L2 buttons are pathetic, and the analog sticks are in the most awkward spot.

Reactions: 1 person

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't look bad although I wish the analog placement was more like the 360 controller. I won't be using this, though.
Yeah, and then they would get their asses sued by Microsoft for infringing on patented designs.

Looks pretty good, like a X360 controller.
Probably the best design for a controller out there (aside from the D-Pad), but the overall weight, and size of the Xbox controller is perfect. And with this, it looks like Nintendo is saying "fuck you Microsoft, THIS is a d-pad". Which is great.

I like it because I love how comfortable the xbox controller is, butttttt the buttons look like they would be so awkward to use IMO.

It's a hell of a lot better a design than the PS3 controller. Seriously, that thing is a joke and anybody who prefers that over even a Wiimote is a fool. The R2 and L2 buttons are pathetic, and the analog sticks are in the most awkward spot.
Agreed. I tried playing GTA IV and Saints Row 3 on the PS3 and the controller is so annoying to use! The 360 however, has a wonderful controller. I'm glad to see Nintendo taking the same shape as the 360 controller.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't get sued.

The Gamecube controller had the same placement.
250px-GameCube_controller.png
I think they got away with it because these sticks are not clickable... (my guess, idk)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They wouldn't get sued.

The Gamecube controller had the same placement.
250px-GameCube_controller.png

Face buttons are not in a perfect circle, they're more in a triangle. Not to mention the overall body of the WiiU Pro Controller is the same as the 360 controller. The GameCube controller had a different design for the palms, and it was skinnier on the handles.

The c-stick I think might have made a factor, but I'm not entirely sure. Maybe the sticks themselves, like where the thumbs go.

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought, but with the new Circle pad expansion being made for the 3DS, couldnt you possibly use you 3DS as a makeshift Wii U GamePad? I don't think that will be a bad idea.
I could see this being done but it would probably be used for somethings else, besides Nintendo did mention somekind of connectivity between the Wii U and the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
    duskfall @ duskfall: :rofl2: +2