Gaming Thoughts on the New Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect nothing, other than a RSE remake.

I stand by the idea that these new forms and moves mean nothing if the game can be beaten by a child using a random pokéteam. I beat every game by using the starter + the legendary pokémon of the game (except X because my whole team was ready to fight the Elite Four without even noticing). I don't play Pokémon games because it's a challenge, I play them because it's Pokémon. There's some dead part of my brain that goes bright every time I see these little fuckers on the screen. I'm going to play the remake of a game I spent countless hours on a decade ago, and that's good enough for me.
I remember the hype I had when HG and SS were announced and how I waited for GS to open because I was afraid of a quick sold-out (spoiler: I was the only one waiting for GS to open. Neeeerd). I didn't give a crap about anything but playing the Jotho adventure all over again, with the current console's capabilities. I hope they are bringing back the challenges that had nothing to do with catching pokémon or fighting, as they were something very refreshing to see.

And I'm excited for the same reason as 4 years ago. Pokémon games are easy as hell, and childish, and nosense. And I freaking love it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I stand by the idea that these new forms and moves mean nothing if the game can be beaten by a child using a random pokéteam. I beat every game by using the starter + the legendary pokémon of the game (except X because my whole team was ready to fight the Elite Four without even noticing). I don't play Pokémon games because it's a challenge, I play them because it's Pokémon. There's some dead part of my brain that goes bright every time I see these little fuckers on the screen. I'm going to play the remake of a game I spent countless hours on a decade ago, and that's good enough for me.
I remember the hype I had when HG and SS were announced and how I waited for GS to open because I was afraid of a quick sold-out (spoiler: I was the only one waiting for GS to open. Neeeerd). I didn't give a crap about anything but playing the Jotho adventure all over again, with the current console's capabilities. I hope they are bringing back the challenges that had nothing to do with catching pokémon or fighting, as they were something very refreshing to see.

And I'm excited for the same reason as 4 years ago. Pokémon games are easy as hell, and childish, and nosense. And I freaking love it.

That basically sums up how I feel, although my thoughts are less vulgar. :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not a perfect solution, but change your team once in a while. of course its easy to win the game if you dont use anything but one pokemon. and turn off your exp share. you're not forced to use it. that thing is your easy/hard mode switch. you decide how easy or hard this game is

its generally impossible to make a game like pokemon challenging in the first place, since its either easy (you dont notice real resitence) OR its 'hard' which is just another word for 'forcing you to repeat battles in one place too long'. at least if you need to take into account that the game NEEDS to be beatable by 6 year olds.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not a perfect solution, but change your team once in a while. of course its easy to win the game if you dont use anything but one pokemon. and turn off your exp share. you're not forced to use it. that thing is your easy/hard mode switch. you decide how easy or hard this game is

its generally impossible to make a game like pokemon challenging in the first place, since its either easy (you dont notice real resitence) OR its 'hard' which is just another word for 'forcing you to repeat battles in one place too long'. at least if you need to take into account that the game NEEDS to be beatable by 6 year olds.
I was six when I played pokémon Red and I still beat it, as many other players that age...
I found a challenge by playing a hack called Pokémon Crystal Kaizo. That's the only game I play because it's a challenge.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XAh4Suy.jpg

This picture reminders me of flying in Pokémon Ranger 3/Guardian Signs, heck, it even got a Latios too.
latiosfly.png

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was six when I played pokémon Red and I still beat it, as many other players that age...
I found a challenge by playing a hack called Pokémon Crystal Kaizo. That's the only game I play because it's a challenge.

and red was not more or less challenging than any of todays games. it was just as much 'hit a over and over and visit the pokemon center every once in a while'

BlackRekuzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I've played the demo and I have kinda strange feels about all the stuff showed in it. Yep, graphicaly the games are more improved and attractive, but for me all those things ..don;t know,, too much. Did they change blaziken's cry? Mega glalie looks kinda scary. I haven't read the news and was surprised when THIS mega-evolved O__o.
Window with some tips and news is annoying. Is the demo a bit laggy? Or I've just played too much of older games, which seemed faster? Or it just me? Cause when I play platinum and later turn Y - it seems a bit slower. Seriously, don;t know what to do.Whether buy or not to buy the new games. Hoenn is my favorite region so far, but I hoped the remake would be in 4-5 generation. Sometimes 3D is not a good thing (IMO). Like in new Ace Attorney games. 3D models of Phoenix Wright are too scary for me=(

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've played the demo and I have kinda strange feels about all the stuff showed in it. Yep, graphicaly the games are more improved and attractive, but for me all those things ..don;t know,, too much. Did they change blaziken's cry? Mega glalie looks kinda scary. I haven't read the news and was surprised when THIS mega-evolved O__o.
Window with some tips and news is annoying. Is the demo a bit laggy? Or I've just played too much of older games, which seemed faster? Or it just me? Cause when I play platinum and later turn Y - it seems a bit slower. Seriously, don;t know what to do.Whether buy or not to buy the new games. Hoenn is my favorite region so far, but I hoped the remake would be in 4-5 generation. Sometimes 3D is not a good thing (IMO). Like in new Ace Attorney games. 3D models of Phoenix Wright are too scary for me=(

3D Phoenix is fine IMO. :P
Well, technically, X and Y are faster than Platinum in most things, example:

Now for the Window tips, I think it is because it is a demo and I think the actual release will have old-style tutorials or no tutorials at all.
Also the final release could be faster too, after all, it still needs some optimizations to make it run well. (After all, it is a demo)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States

Fucking amazing. I applaud you sir.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not the remake part i'm dissing. i'm just dissing the mega pokemon. what's next Jynx mega evolves with bigger BOOBS?!? and mr mime turns into a PIMP!?! that is why i did not jump on that band wagon plus i found out i can't bring my Arceus from 5th gen...

BlackRekuzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
3D Phoenix is fine IMO. :P
Well, technically, X and Y are faster than Platinum in most things, example:

Now for the Window tips, I think it is because it is a demo and I think the actual release will have old-style tutorials or no tutorials at all.
Also the final release could be faster too, after all, it still needs some optimizations to make it run well. (After all, it is a demo)

Oh, now I see itž) Thanks for a reply and video, which convinced me=)

Reactions: matpower

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Yellow. Granted I've missed a few of the games, never owned a DS. So part of me is okay with these remakes, but the main part of me is, come on man, some of us want really new stuff.

I'm cool with what is going on, but I hope the next Pokemon Game is something new, not adding new stuff on top of old shit. I mean, I guess I never need to go back and play black & white since they will probably be remade in the next 2 years. lol

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is going to be so awesome. I barely have time to sleep yet so many new games are coming out... I'm sure Pokemon won't disappoint, it never did before. I-I'm even going to... PLAY IT IN PUBLIC.

Reactions: Queno138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol