Hardware Thoughts about the Nintendo Switch reveal

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odyssey looked pretty cool. Not a fan of 3D Zeldas, though. Only one that I've beaten is Ocarina. The rest have just lost my attention somewhere in the middle.

There's no way in hell I'm paying a subscription for Switch's online. I pay one for PS4, but they give away games and there are actually really good deals on the PSN store sometimes.

I'll probably just end up getting one for Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei. Oh and Disgaea 5 never came to the Vita so that, too.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,
Reactions: guisadop

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly abit disappointed overall. Hype levels gone way down. Probably will end up picking one up, but not in 2017 I'll let the library grow abit first.
Thank fuk I have a WiiU to play BOTW. ;)

Reactions: stl25

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joy-cons are the deal you guy are blind yes it is pricey 300$ usd/400$ cnd but the presentation was very good it main point was showing off the capability of the hardware don't forget they showed off some particularly interesting stuff re-watching it is recommended , i call that Nintendo will release a Mega Vc classic shop from nes to n64 possibly even GameCube ,Wii,and Wii U , but the joy-cons i don't know why people are disappointed i mean wtf do you want anyway? For at least 400 bucks you got a custom portable device with a 6.2 multitouch screen a built in Rumble HD and gyro , stop complaining re-watch it and don;t forget they got more to come in the following days!!!

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joy-cons are the deal you guy are blind yes it is pricey 300$ usd/400$ cnd but the presentation was very good it main point was showing off the capability of the hardware don't forget they showed off some particularly interesting stuff re-watching it is recommended , i call that Nintendo will release a Mega Vc classic shop from nes to n64 possibly even GameCube ,Wii,and Wii U , but the joy-cons i don't know why people are disappointed i mean wtf do you want anyway? For at least 400 bucks you got a custom portable device with a 6.2 multitouch screen a built in Rumble HD and gyro , stop complaining re-watch it and don;t forget they got more to come in the following days!!!
don't forget haptic feedback. i'm super excited about that. (oh, you said rumblehd, my bad)

Reactions: LinkBlaBla

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a funny feeling ninty maybe looking to vr in the future, i cant be the only one who thinks those joy_cons would make excellent vr controllers with hd rumble and 3d motion sensing?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Also I'm not spending 140€ for 2 extra Joy-cons for playing Splatoon 2 or ARMS on Splitscreen
EDIT: for those who doesn't know it, Ninty of America said that the joycon's price is 70/80$

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Gamestop charges when you order online (preorder) or when it actually ships out? I haven't been able to find any solid info and I don't trust the FAQ. Can anyone advise? I want to preorder one XD

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I need to vent this

I ...have never been this disappointed with Nintendo presentation in my life. And I'm including those lackluster presentations of incoming games that always put a thumb in us WiiU users asses with no games being released.
I am simply sad after watching this.
For me the very first indicator of lifelessness of the presentation was current president Kimishima's way of talking like a robot without any feelings towards the product he is trying to sell. He's just trying to sell and that's it. It's like you would take soul from dear Iwata add emotionless face and a classic money greedy businessman face and way of talking.

The games are just plain. Mario in a real life (NYC?) setting ? Are you shitting me Nintendo? I simply lost my shit when I saw it
Splatoon in current state looks worse than the original one on WiiU.
Mario Kart remake, Skyrim remake (or not even that), Shovel Knight remake, Fifa noone cares for that trash, 1-2-Ebola or whatever its called mini game...dear god its wii all over again, Lego Undercover remake, Dragon Quest X remake,
Rayman Legends soon my toaster will have port of this probably...
The only original and fresh looking thing was Zelda. And even that looked pretty horrible graphic wise (not that I cherish graphics at all, but it really looks bad).

Also, as a guy with normal sized hands, how the hell am I going to play on that small ass controller? I can press all four buttons and probably analog stick with my thumb only. And the price of it? 80 ass whooping $! Thats the price for a 2DS!!!
Oh wait..Paid online service? No you didnt just say that my beloved Nintendo...you didnt right?

I never thought I'll agree with Kaz Hirai but like he said:

“1,2 Switch” is both the name of a Nintendo Switch launch game, and the sound of someone counting the whole launch lineup

D

Deleted User

Not getting it anytime soon. Not because it sucks but because i don't have enough money, lol.
But it looks fun. Like every basic Nintendo console.

D

Deleted User

just ordered.
not quite sure when it will arrive...
Hopefully not too late.

Anyway.. i m not too interested in the games... just the hardware..

Reactions: stl25

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need to vent this

I ...have never been this disappointed with Nintendo presentation in my life. And I'm including those lackluster presentations of incoming games that always put a thumb in us WiiU users asses with no games being released.
I am simply sad after watching this.
For me the very first indicator of lifelessness of the presentation was current president Kimishima's way of talking like a robot without any feelings towards the product he is trying to sell. He's just trying to sell and that's it. It's like you would take soul from dear Iwata add emotionless face and a classic money greedy businessman face and way of talking.

The games are just plain. Mario in a real life (NYC?) setting ? Are you shitting me Nintendo? I simply lost my shit when I saw it
Splatoon in current state looks worse than the original one on WiiU.
Mario Kart remake, Skyrim remake (or not even that), Shovel Knight remake, Fifa noone cares for that trash, 1-2-Ebola or whatever its called mini game...dear god its wii all over again, Lego Undercover remake, Dragon Quest X remake,
Rayman Legends soon my toaster will have port of this probably...
The only original and fresh looking thing was Zelda. And even that looked pretty horrible graphic wise (not that I cherish graphics at all, but it really looks bad).

Also, as a guy with normal sized hands, how the hell am I going to play on that small ass controller? I can press all four buttons and probably analog stick with my thumb only. And the price of it? 80 ass whooping $! Thats the price for a 2DS!!!
Oh wait..Paid online service? No you didnt just say that my beloved Nintendo...you didnt right?

I never thought I'll agree with Kaz Hirai but like he said:

“1,2 Switch” is both the name of a Nintendo Switch launch game, and the sound of someone counting the whole launch lineup

All you said is not valid enough it was a presentation not a show off Nintendo come from wii u failure can you expect less and give it a chance BTW plus there is more from Nintendo to come, did you check video ? i see pretty much updated tech and advanced gyro and rumble hd you even got usb c ,xbone and ps4 don't have that i mean wtf you want from Nintendo?? a big ice cream?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any hardware specs? Yeah it has touch and fancy controls but what is with the real ones like resolution and tflops :D

Careful there are some on this thread that think this thing is the best thing since sliced bread. Systems are all about content and Nintendo is losing more and more developers with each console release.

Sheikah Impa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I took a look at the site after I awoke from my slumber and found the restrictions on the multiplayer.

Online lobby and voice chat

Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

Monthly game download
Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

Exclusive deals
Special offers for subscribers may include discounts on select digital games and content.

Make the most of your Nintendo Switch
hQnE9w1.png

Last edited by Sheikah Impa,

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
All you said is not valid enough it was a presentation not a show off Nintendo come from wii u failure can you expect less and give it a chance BTW plus there is more from Nintendo to come, did you check video ? i see pretty much updated tech and advanced gyro and rumble hd you even got usb c ,xbone and ps4 don't have that i mean wtf you want from Nintendo?? a big ice cream?
Im not sure I understood what you are trying to say but..

you are stating Usb C, Gyro and an updated rumble as a big feature? Updated tech? Where exactly?
You mean the fact that it runs Skyrim? My more than 6 years old laptop runs it. And at higher resolution

And what is a presentation if not a showoff? Thats the whole point of presentation, to show off your hardware and what it can do.
As a potential buyer I dont care what is TO COME, but what is going to be available in the first year (or release lineup) of console. Thats the basic of selling stuff. You dont say...look buy this and in 4 years maybe you will have a really great game/feature.

Last edited by fatsquirrel,
Reactions: guisadop

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Careful there are some on this thread that think this thing is the best thing since sliced bread. Systems are all about content and Nintendo is losing more and more developers with each console release.

Where do you see that it is losing developer??? 80 games in the making and many not announced you just mad that the switch didn't show you what you wanted just wait....ok idc about fifa but that mean there will be more game from ea in the coming and Bethesda is 100% there with Nintendo i don't know why a lot of people are disappointing in something such cool and new ....ps4 and xbox are pretty much the same never saw a complain about it game are overpriced too no complain xbox lag like hell and ps4 struggle no complain ,gta 5 lag as hell too not much complain....i mean what i see here is that you guy wanted a Mother 3 or Metroid announcement maybe it will come sooner than you think...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't need one unless a game I really likes exclusive to it like main series Pokemon games. Also, I heard these things are going to be rare as nes minis.

why it would be rare it is Nintendo main console or maybe rare for 2-4 week but after that it will be everywhere.

Last edited by LinkBlaBla,
D

Deleted User

People still play FIFA? That ruined pack opening game?
Pokemon Game for Switch? Probably since it's 2in1 console but it's Nintendo, you will never know if they release it or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)