This War of Mine developer to donate week's worth of proceeds to the Ukrainian Red Cross

This-War-of-Mine_Final-Cut_logo-resize.jpg

11bitstudios, the Polish developer behind the anti-war game This War of Mine, will be donating all proceeds generated by the game and all of its DLCs on all platforms from the week of February 24 to March 2 to the Ukrainian Red Cross. In a message posted on their Twitter, 11bitstudios condemned the invasion and added "Just words would be empty without a meaningful act though" before pledging their money to help victims of the war in Ukraine. "Let this message resonate with everything you know about this war and how war kills people, devastates their lives and homes. Let us - players and developers together - do everything we can to support victims of war in Ukraine," ends the statement.

GOG, the storefront owned by Polish company CD Projekt, also announced on Twitter it would be donating its share of profits to the Ukrainian Red Cross as well on all sales of This War of Mine and its DLCs to the Ukrainian Red Cross as well. The game is currently $4.07 on GOG.

FMYR0zjXoBECGbD.jpg

:arrow: Source
:arrow: This War of Mine GOG page
:arrow: This War of Mine Steam page
:arrow: This War of Mine PSN store page
:arrow: This War of Mine Xbox store page
:arrow: This War of Mine Nintendo store page

:arrow: Donate to the Ukrainian Red Cross

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any little bit to help Ukraine. (Prepare for some State sponsored Troll to attack the post)
Well now you cursed the whole thread, now anyone who critiques this public display of humanitarianism is going to look like they work for Russia, the C.C.P. World Economic Forum, Biden or something.

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bought the game yesterday. I think that any sum of money can help the war-torn country, especially when attacked by a madman with dubious ambitions.

Reactions: HellGhast

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to let you know: people in russia do not support putin at all. We all in shock now.
Then do whatever part you can do to show this statement more then with words!
Stop the nation, get the news spread to pull the soldiers back, and know any russian soldier willing to surrender will be a hero in my world.
Really hope we can still talk this out, like a strong nation would.
And yes i wished i'd be able to do more for ukrain.
i understand it'll be hard in russia to stand for your opinion. know that standing for what maters is strength.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11bitstudios, the Polish developer behind the anti-war game This War of Mine, will be donating all proceeds generated by the game and all of its DLCs on all platforms from the week of February 24 to March 2 to the Ukrainian Red Cross. In a message posted on their Twitter, 11bitstudios condemned the invasion and added "Just words would be empty without a meaningful act though" before pledging their money to help victims of the war in Ukraine. "Let this message resonate with everything you know about this war and how war kills people, devastates their lives and homes. Let us - players and developers together - do everything we can to support victims of war in Ukraine," ends the statement.

GOG, the storefront owned by Polish company CD Projekt, also announced on Twitter it would be donating its share of profits to the Ukrainian Red Cross as well on all sales of This War of Mine and its DLCs to the Ukrainian Red Cross as well. The game is currently $4.07 on GOG.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: This War of Mine GOG page
:arrow: This War of Mine Steam page
:arrow: This War of Mine PSN store page
:arrow: This War of Mine Xbox store page
:arrow: This War of Mine Nintendo store page
I would like to mention that the game is currently getting review bombed by a bunch of Chinese players over the Ukraine support.

Reactions: Citizen_404

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Stop the nation, get the news spread to pull the soldiers back, and know any russian soldier willing to surrender will be a hero in my world.
i understand it'll be hard in russia to stand for your opinion. know that standing for what maters is strength.
There's people on the streets protesting over there as we're spouting platitudes on the Internet. Take a guess as to how that's going to end for them. It's morally right, yes, but a likely death sentence as well.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saddly he can't or his head will be on a pike that''s what dictators do they kill all who oppose them

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are choosing their "side," but developers and publishers should stay away from politics. It's never a good thing when they butt in.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's people on the streets protesting over there as we're spouting platitudes on the Internet. Take a guess as to how that's going to end for them. It's morally right, yes, but a likely death sentence as well.

saddly he can't or his head will be on a pike that''s what dictators do they kill all who oppose them
i know it's not that great of an idea, just to let you know, standing there and not doing anything will mean there is no hope for ukrain, taking stand. and i know it'll take a man to do so for people opposing that dictator is slow suicide...
still it's the best weapon there is, he loses on the battlefield, in his country and on world.
Heroes are not the ones that are strong and with guns, heroes are those who stand for thier opinion and help those in need.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
11bitstudios said... "Just words would be empty without a meaningful act though" before pledging their money to help victims of the war in Ukraine. "Let this message resonate with everything you know about this war and how war kills people, devastates their lives and homes"...​
Good job to 11bitstudios, they have more sense than an insane head of states of a nuclear armed super-power, putin has completely gone bonkers, and a former head of state of another super power has the nerve to call putin a genius. Insane @$5holes who got to rule nuclear armed states, these 2 mofos make Kim(aka rocketman) look sane in comparison.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
i know it's not that great of an idea, just to let you know, standing there and not doing anything will mean there is no hope for ukrain, taking stand. and i know it'll take a man to do so for people opposing that dictator is slow suicide...
still it's the best weapon there is, he loses on the battlefield, in his country and on world.
Heroes are not the ones that are strong and with guns, heroes are those who stand for thier opinion and help those in need.
Judging by his actions I don't think any public outrage would convince Putin to back down. He'll disappear the protesters and carry on shrugging off the fact that Russia is on its way to getting cut off from the global economy. If that isn't registering as a (large enough) problem I'm not sure anything short of a Romanian Christmas a la 1989 would make him "reconsider" that whole war thing, and that doesn't seem a likely scenario in current-day Russia to me - Russians are at the point where seem to be shocked that good guy Putin would launch an invasion and start mowing down civilians, and keep in mind that's after Crimea. And if Putin is removed from the equation there's probably a queue of power hungry bastards over there ready to step in.

The only possibility I see is that he loses in Ukraine, and maybe then people will start to see him for what he is or what he is doing to his country, but I'm afraid what actually will happen is that he continues his shopping spree and gets a new border with Germany after NATO does nothing to actually protect the East in fear of nuclear retaliation. Frankly, this whole situation is beyond bleak.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
You don't know what the person is doing or can do, at all. Don't point fingers and act self-righteous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol