Itch.io's Bundle for Ukraine supports victims of war, offers nearly 1,000 games and assets

dUFzNh.png

Game developers, studios, and publishers are coming together to support Ukraine. Whether it's John Romero creating a DOOM II level to raise money for the Ukrainian Red Cross, the team behind This War of Mine donating all proceeds of sales to Ukraine, or the swaths of companies removing their products from sale in Russia, a lot has been happening within the industry. The latest gaming-related support comes from Itch.io, who is no stranger to charity bundles, having previously raised money for racial injustice and Palestine. The Bundle for Ukraine collects nearly 1,000 works over 700 different creators, with all money raised by purchases of the bundle to go directly to Ukrainian charities--specifically International Medical Corps, who is providing medical aid to those affected, and Voices of Children, a charity that helps Ukrainian children have safe shelters to be, and help them handle PTSD.

The bundle costs $10, and contains games like CrossCode, SkateBIRD, SUPERHOT, Celeste, TowerFall Ascension, and hundreds of other indie games. Right now, Itch.io has raised $1.7 million out of a $2 million goal, with 9 days left to go. If you want to support the cause, or just pick up a ton of DRM-free games for cheap, you can check out the bundle at the source below.

:arrow: Source

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
992 games? By itch.io's standards this is a small bundle! :P

But though it's an impression, I think these contain more (semi) known games than earlier versions. Could also be that my knowledge has grown.

Let's see...from what I know and can recommend:
Kingdom two crowns
wandersong
superhot
sundered: eldritch
baba is you
cook, serve, delicious 2
gonner (okay, I didn't like this one, but it's certainly a solid roguelike/-lite)
celeste (see my comments on the humble heroine bundle)
minit...and minit fun racer (?)
jotun: valhalla
towerfall + expansion
hidden folks (though okay: this one's probably better on mobile)
cardinal chains (ditto...but certainly better there)
Both games from inbento (golf peaks and inbento...though admitted: the former's the better puzzle game)
Anything by draknek (a good snowman is hard to build, cosmic express, sokobond)
super hexagon
old man's journey
cats are liquid
love 2: kuso (for those loving hard platformers)
not the robots
forma.8 (note: only played about ten minutes of this, though)
gunhouse (good tetris variant...though I'm terrible at it)

Reactions: hippy dave

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Of course it isn't. Its a cheap way to get free promo via shilling to NPCs who Support The Current Thing (because that's what they were told to do). Every company who does this gets a nice hefty tax write off thanks to preying on the fools and their group mind/sheep mentality.

6 months ago "We're all in this together.... Stay safe.... Its for the best" now its "Boo, lets stop drinking vodka and buy game bundles to show we're all in this together". One program swapped for another with just as little awareness by the NPCs.

MByQz8M.png

Think for yourself, just this once, and you may realize the world isn't what the screen tells you it is. That is if your NPC programming allows that which I very much doubt.

Reactions: ChiefReginod

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, was just blessed with a timely and appropriate Simpsons meme...
Of course it isn't. Its a cheap way to get free promo via shilling to NPCs who Support The Current Thing (because that's what they were told to do). Every company who does this gets a nice hefty tax write off thanks to preying on the fools and their group mind/sheep mentality.

6 months ago "We're all in this together.... Stay safe.... Its for the best" now its "Boo, lets stop drinking vodka and buy game bundles to show we're all in this together". One program swapped for another with just as little awareness by the NPCs.

MByQz8M.png

Think for yourself, just this once, and you may realize the world isn't what the screen tells you it is. That is if your NPC programming allows that which I very much doubt.
FB_IMG_1646828305801.jpg

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well lets collaborate this thing you ve just wrote , usa did a number of wars in middle east and people died , hell they tend to toss their allies when they are not usefull anymore pakistan afganistan comes to mind and yet you call these wars not enough collateral . Propaganda is a usufull thing for people that tend to see only black and white. For me both usa and russia are two sides of same coin . As henry kissinger once said ukrain needs to stay neutral not with russia nor with nato and european union and i tend to agree with his point of view, but it seems what initiated this war was that politicians got greedy....
But isnt that the backbone to all wars, greed.

Reactions: impeeza

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was going to say "well this bundle is worth $10 for Celeste alone" but that's what I said about all their previous bundles :lol:
So I'm gonna say "well it's worth $10 for Baba Is You" :ha:

Anyway, it's worth buying.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

MByQz8M.png

Tell me you think you are superior without telling me you think you're superior

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word of warning... most of itch.io's 1,000 "game" bundles are like 10 actual games and 990 random single-page TTRPGs, shoddy pixel art and other things that were were already up for free on that site.

Donate to the red cross directly if you feel that strongly about Ukraine, but don't get this for the games, because you're not actually getting much.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Donate to the red cross directly if you feel that strongly about Ukraine, but don't get this for the games, because you're not actually getting much.
Logical but NPCs won't think of that because they weren't told to think that. Thats exactly the point and its so obvious they miss it because they weren't programmed to think for themselves, only regurgitate the official line, ad infinitum hence NPC is so perfect.

Instead they congregate on places like this waiting to see what other people do then join in to Support The Current Thing and attempt to decry anyone who doesn't think like they do as "Wrong! Bad man!".

It would be amusing if it wasn't a sad reflection of their inner states or lack thereof.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Logical but NPCs won't think of that because they weren't told to think that. Thats exactly the point and its so obvious they miss it because they weren't programmed to think for themselves, only regurgitate the official line, ad infinitum hence NPC is so perfect.

Instead they congregate on places like this waiting to see what other people do then join in to Support The Current Thing and attempt to decry anyone who doesn't think like they do as "Wrong! Bad man!".

It would be amusing if it wasn't a sad reflection of their inner states or lack thereof.
FB_IMG_1646841314472.jpg

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

MByQz8M.png

jgofseofjjpazmajfoanf im crying of laughter, you're literally fucking saying "wake up sheeple" unironically ijefioaon\owd

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe 10 games I have a passing interest in, lot of things I have zero and I already own super hexagon.

Might consider a minimum.
I pretty much bought it just for CrossCode since I haven't played it yet. There are a couple things that looked alright but I already owned them on Steam. I'd rather get like 12 good indie games than a thousand item that has like 2 or 3 good games, a bunch of stuff that looks like shovelware, and some media like pictures or music for tabletop campaigns.

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland
They are single download DRM free, codes for different shops like humble bundle or itch io have their own luncher? I'm just thinking if it's good bundle for Steam Deck.

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland

MByQz8M.png

What a sad human being you are. I bet no one likes you irl.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They are single download DRM free, codes for different shops like humble bundle or itch io have their own luncher? I'm just thinking if it's good bundle for Steam Deck.
Every download is a drm free single download.

Edit: Might be multiple downloads depending on how many versions are offered. If it supports more than one OS you usually can download both whenever.

Reactions: Gronbar

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

MByQz8M.png

And yet you are completely indistinguishable from all the other people using "NPC" unironically as you're just parroting the exact same thing they all do, over every single topic that isn't advocating the illusion of rugged individualism.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
So this is what it sounds like, when NPCs cry

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Look into where the donated money for Haiti went. Educate yourself on the true nature of charities and how they are just businesses with a sheen of PR. Above all, think. Think for yourself.

But then if you could do that I wouldn't have to draw attention to your NPC like bleating and consistent Support Of The Current Thing, would I?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Dude... What's your problem here?

I don't fucking care if your world view consists of mindless drones who mindlessly chase stupid hypes on one side and yourself on the other: one fucking wise savior who oversees the hollowness of the hype and needs to preach about it because... Why the fuck are you posting in this thread? To guide the 'sheeple' away from bundles of games? Because you don't believe ukraine is worth helping? For the attention you don't get in your actual life?

I accept your apologies for calling people stupid should you have some personal issues you're dealing with. But don't expect praise for flat out insulting people who make different choices in life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1