This War of Mine developer donates $700k to Ukrainian Red Cross after fundraising initiative

This-War-of-Mine_Final-Cut_logo-resize.jpg

Last week, Polish developer 11bitstudios, responsible for the anti-war game This War of Mine, announced it would be donating a week's worth of sales from the game to the Ukrainian Red Cross. GOG owner and fellow Polish developer CD Projekt also donated its share of proceeds from the game for that week. Now, after the week is up, 11bitstudios has announced that they've donated three million PLN, about $698,000 in USD, to the Ukrainian Red Cross.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Donate to the Ukrainian Red Cross

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and yet sony and nintendo did nothing (well sony's vg dept iirc films done by sony got pulled from Russia, which i wonder if nintendo's stance would ever change on china seeing as the CCP is focused on taiwan and hong kong and would invade both in the near future no doubt if nintendo does nothing when china does do it I'd say pirate to your hearts content and hurt their bottom line like me i support Anonymous in their attempt to cripple Russia sometimes to win wars you need to fight a little dirty

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Good job to 11bitstudios and all gamers who participated in the fundraiser, who knows Ukraine may just hold off Putin and realize its Mriya of joining Nato and becoming a safe, stable and prosperous democratic state.

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland
and yet sony and nintendo did nothing (well sony's vg dept iirc films done by sony got pulled from Russia, which i wonder if nintendo's stance would ever change on china seeing as the CCP is focused on taiwan and hong kong and would invade both in the near future no doubt if nintendo does nothing when china does do it I'd say pirate to your hearts content and hurt their bottom line like me i support Anonymous in their attempt to cripple Russia sometimes to win wars you need to fight a little dirty
Apparently Pokemon Company that is owned by Nintendo gave 200k$ to charity supporting Ukraine.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sony donated 2 million usd

Reactions: Seriel

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If they stayed neutral that would be commendable too
No, it really wouldn't. There is no moral ambiguity to what's happening in Ukraine, and if you're pitching neutrality and inaction now, you can bet you would've done the same when Hitler started invading other countries too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
this thread will surely go well
I mean, it absolutely shouldn't be hard to get everybody to agree that unnecessary war started at the behest of a few bloodthirsty oligarchs is evil. I do recognize, however, that many users on this site are literal children, so they can be expected to make light of any crisis as a coping mechanism.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I mean, it absolutely shouldn't be hard to get everybody to agree that unnecessary war started at the behest of a few bloodthirsty oligarchs is evil. I do recognize, however, that many users on this site are literal children, so they can be expected to make light of any crisis as a coping mechanism.
You mean Joe Biden, right? I agree. He went to the Maidan and cheered on the protesters, giving them false hope of a NATO membership. He then let his son earn Millions by doing nothing. I am sure he is willing to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian.

Reactions: leon315

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nintendo blocked a e-shop payments in roubles.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You mean Joe Biden, right? I agree. He went to the Maidan and cheered on the protesters, giving them false hope of a NATO membership. He then let his son earn Millions by doing nothing. I am sure he is willing to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian.
No US president should/would be trying to pit us in direct combat against Russia, as Putin is an increasingly-isolated madman with nukes. That said, I agree the US should be doing more, providing Ukraine with fighter jets if nothing else. Carpet bombing is brutal, and the Russians are targeting mostly civilians now.

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How easy to expose russian scums. Have fun before you wil be cutted out from civilized world and will go back to stone age.
So what? Start a war with your keyboard?:rofl2:That's how you solve the problem of the US invading other countries?
Don't mind me, try to stand directly in front of me and solve your problem.

Last edited by Lather,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: dont do it!