Hacking This happens, Oh god why

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know, that has no homebrew. :creep: All we need is a DSTWO.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you can already execute homebrew in 3DS Mode... there just isn't any homebrew for 3DS Mode yet because there are no wide-spread libraries for it and hardly anyone wants to be arsed with Assembly in this day and age.

Smealum runs code in 3DS Mode, the Gateway team runs their menu in 3DS Mode, several other coders ran code in 3DS Mode, I think it's safe to say that 3DS Mode homebrew is very much a reality.

TakuyaZack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you can already execute homebrew in 3DS Mode... there just isn't any homebrew for 3DS Mode yet because there are no wide-spread libraries for it and hardly anyone wants to be arsed with Assembly in this day and age.

Smealum runs code in 3DS Mode, the Gateway team runs their menu in 3DS Mode, several other coders ran code in 3DS Mode, I think it's safe to say that 3DS Mode homebrew is very much a reality.

Well yea, Homebrew on 3ds mode is a reality already
just nobody making a "True" homebrew apps and stuffs

Still regretting the thing i did on the day 1 of me receiving my 3ds

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm calling this fake because there are no pictures of the testing cartridge. Anyone smart enough to take a picture of the "reward" would have taken a picture of it.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo would have went out there way to give someone all that stuff for a "simple" test cartridge. I could have had some unknown data that we don't know about the system. Or maybe that just have a lot of gratitude.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, fuck it, nothing except "Hello world" and piracy is going on. No HB, no emulation. Just pure piracy.

Excuse me, what are we supposed to code on a system that hasn't got any libraries out for it yet? :rolleyes:

It's not like we can whip lib3DS out of our asses y'know, it takes time to map the system and create a function set, not everyone is an ARM Assembly God. Not that I'm preaching or anything but you're expecting way too much way too early - proper homebrew will pop up once the coders have tools to work with - right now hackers and coders alike are in the process of making those tools.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, what are we supposed to code on a system that hasn't got any libraries out for it yet? :rolleyes:

It's not like we can whip lib3DS out of our asses y'know, it takes time to map the system and create a function set, not everyone is an ARM Assembly God. Not that I'm preaching or anything but you're expecting way too much way too early - proper homebrew will pop up once the coders have tools to work with - right now hackers and coders alike are in the process of making those tools.

Make an emulator. Easy stuff.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Make an emulator. Easy stuff.

...uhh.

No, no it's not. :rofl2:

You don't seem to get the sheer magnitude of your demands. You would require a library to control screen registers which doesn't exist, a library to control button inputs which doesn't exist, a library to output sound which doesn't exist etc. etc. At this point in time a simple "Hello World" is a demanding task.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
...uhh.

No, no it's not. :rofl2:

You don't seem to get the sheer magnitude of your demands. You would require a library to control screen registers which doesn't exist, a library to control button inputs which doesn't exist, a library to output sound which doesn't exist etc. etc. At this point in time a simple "Hello World" is a demanding task.
If all we do is argue and use smilies, then :evil: :yaysp: :nds: :sp: :fuckyou: :tpi: :yaynds: :nayps3:

Seriously, I wish it was like the GBA that could run DS roms out of a GBA cart.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seriously, I wish it was like the GBA that could run DS roms out of a GBA cart.

Ahh, see, that was the beauty of the DS design... flaw. A faulty header pointer allowed to load from, well, wherever you set the pointer to... and since DS Mode could use the SLOT-2 then why the hell not use it? :yaynds:

Unfortunately it's not that simple with the 3DS, but we're getting there slowly. I advise patience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)