Gaming This GPU is so awesome it comes with a gun.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150500

unsure.gif

Nobutreally, what is that?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a custom case for the gpu
a few companies like to go all out, stuff like steel briefcases or solid wood with top of the line cards

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to have more dollars than sense to purchase a video card for over $900. Computer tech ages in dog years, so it will be obsolete within a year or two anyway. A that price, it should come with lube instead of a gun.......unless the gun is meant to be pointed at your head.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Rayder said:
You'd have to have more dollars than sense to purchase a video card for over $900. Computer tech ages in dog years, so it will be obsolete within a year or two anyway. A that price, it should come with lube instead of a gun.......unless the gun is meant to be pointed at your head.
A high end card can last 7 years before being unable to play newer games. At that price, it's only aimed at enthusiasts. If you're not one, go back to your mid-ranged graphics and "adequate" computer, and leave the "overkill" parts to those with the money to spend on stuff like this.

That said, my computer's now only adequate too, whilst 3 years ago it was high-end.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a case.

It can also be used to carry sandwiches for lunch to your last day at work. And yes, it will be your last day.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
It's a case.

It can also be used to carry sandwiches for lunch to your last day at work. And yes, it will be your last day.
I lol'd hard.

I would've guessed it was a size comparison, but then I realized how stupid I was.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
martin88 said:
I didn't know there such thing as "double lifetime warranty".

QUOTE(Rydian @ Feb 6 2011, 05:25 PM) Turns out they mean 'lifetime of the product", so when the product stops being made/sold that's the end of it's lifetime... and they mean double that.

Double lifetime means as long as you own it you are covered, plus if you sell it, the buyer also gets a lifetime warranty. It adds a lot to the resale value of graphics cards.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
its a custom case for the gpu
a few companies like to go all out, stuff like steel briefcases or solid wood with top of the line cards

My ATI Radeon 5770 looks like the batmobile

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gigabyte-ati-radeon-hd5770-1024mb-ddr5128bit-dvihdmidp-pci-e-8504800-ultra-durable_0.jpg

The design makes it run faster.

I haven't been paying attention to video cards but does 5970 not beat the GTX 580? This card is a crossover in one...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1