This cable, what to do with capture cards and/or TV?

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I found one of these cables in my drawer. https://store.cardiffstudents.com/image/cache/data/s-video-4-pin-to-rca-ac-068gold-500x500.jpg
Only mine is yellow instead of black.

Is this cable actually useless or can I actually do something with it?
I didn't notice any quality difference when I hooked this up on my SCART which has an S-video.

My capture card has this aswell, but I get a black screen or it either doesn't work.

Anyway, what can I do with this cable?
Thanks in advance.

Capture card is a GV-USB2 and the N64 is NTSC.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I found one of these cables in my drawer. https://store.cardiffstudents.com/image/cache/data/s-video-4-pin-to-rca-ac-068gold-500x500.jpg
Only mine is yellow instead of black.

Is this cable actually useless or can I actually do something with it?
I didn't notice any quality difference when I hooked this up on my SCART which has an S-video.

My capture card has this aswell, but I get a black screen or it either doesn't work.

Anyway, what can I do with this cable?
Thanks in advance.

Capture card is a GV-USB2 and the N64 is NTSC.
So this is a composite to S-Video coupler. Due to the nature of composite signals, you're never going to gain quality by converting it to S-Video. This coupler was most likely designed to go from S-Video to composite, actually, because composite was a more standardized input. Honestly, in this day and age, it's pretty worthless, and if it doesn't work for your capture card I'm gonna go ahead and say you can safely recycle it

Reactions: endoverend

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these shipped with alot of graphics cards back in the day
it was meant for video output (svideo->composite)
one came with my radeon 4870 along with a svideo->component and my 9250 came with one too I think

Last edited by Joe88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(