Third party classic controller with Gamecube port surprisingly works quite well with homebrews

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by eriol33, Aug 19, 2016.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    hi folks, I just ordered a third party classic controller with gamecube port:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    and to my surprise, it is quite compatible with Wii homebrews. no crashings so far, I have tested it with console emulators, usb loader gx, and nintedont. the catch is, you cannot use it as a controller on pc using the third party wii u/pc gamecube adapter. I don't know why. also the cable is very short, you may want to buy an extension cable.

if you are looking for for a cheap gamecube gamepads (without the ability to use on pc), I definitely can recommend this. the price is about 10.80 dollars.

2. xcrazyboy92x

xcrazyboy92x Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    I'd be better off using official ones since it's more reliable even though they cost more......

3. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    yeah, official is the best, I agree. but you know, sometime it's hard to find one (I couldn't find any second hand gamecube controller) and if you're short on cash, you could opt for third party controller.

4. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Where did you buy this?

5. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    Aliexpress.

6. xcrazyboy92x

xcrazyboy92x Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    I usually buy stuff on ebay or Amazon since they're hard to find...... If you can find one at a garage sale, hope you bring at least $44 and consider yourself lucky......

7. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Does Aliexpress take PayPal?

8. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    No