Hacking Thinking I might get a DS Lite

ShiningSaber

Tiger
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, seeing as my DS Phat got a scratch on the touch screen, and its casing is getting quite old, and its battery only lasts about 3-4 hours even in GBA mode, I've started thinking about getting a DS Lite. Sadly, I realized I can't trade this in, so I'd have 2 DSes. I also started hearing about all of these problems with the DS lite, are they true? Also, what battery life can I expect with the DS Lite with a Cyclo DS and 3in1 with the brightness setting on 1? Is there any place with cool custom cases, or maybe even a place where I can custom design one for cheap (for the dsl or dsp)? Should I get a new DS Phat case/touch screen/battery, or just buy a DS lite with a custom case?

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I acctualy got a new DS lite from my DS Phat and let me say, I'm suprised at how much better the graphics are, the screens have better viewing angels, and the backlight is awesome. I would get a new DS lit
happy.gif

ShiningSaber

Tiger
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mew, that was really informitive, I think I might just get a DS Lite. Just one question - I have an ez 3-in-1 that fits in my DS, BUT, its actual size is about as big as the DSL's fake cartridge thing, and the connector pins just stretch out below that. Will this stick out in the DS Lite?
Also, are the cracked hinges still a problem?
EDIT : Also, can anybody link me to a site with cases for the DSL?

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mohammad said:
I acctualy got a new DS lite from my DS Phat and let me say, I'm suprised at how much better the graphics are,

Doesn't the lite and the phat have the same graphics?

The only thing that's better on the Phat is the D-pad the lite's d pad sucks compared to the phats one.

For custom cases DX sells a lot of them and heres a index of all of them.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSlite is definitely worth getting.

The screens are just incredible when you compare them to the phat.

You can probably expect about 16 hours on brightness 1, or 6 hours on brightness 4. Though this will decrease over time.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Swip said:
Mohammad said:
I acctualy got a new DS lite from my DS Phat and let me say, I'm suprised at how much better the graphics are,

Doesn't the lite and the phat have the same graphics?

The only thing that's better on the Phat is the D-pad the lite's d pad sucks compared to the phats one.

For custom cases DX sells a lot of them and heres a index of all of them.

Lite has more powerful battery, and you can say the graphics are better because the lightening on the DS lite makes things just more colorful and full.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes they are the same, but the screen makes the graphics look sooooooo much better. I was like damn, this game looks like a wii game! (Pokemon mystery Dungeon)

ShiningSaber

Tiger
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sticks said:
If it's as big as the DSL dust cover then it should fit without sticking out. I'm not quite sure what you meant there about the connector pins just sticking out...
http://www.totalgba.com/images/3in1gba_b.jpg
Its sort of like that, except half of the case isn't there, so the pins that connect into the GBA are just sticking out.
@Swip - Nice cases, thanks
biggrin.gif

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
ShiningSaber said:
Thanks mew, that was really informitive, I think I might just get a DS Lite. Just one question - I have an ez 3-in-1 that fits in my DS, BUT, its actual size is about as big as the DSL's fake cartridge thing, and the connector pins just stretch out below that. Will this stick out in the DS Lite?
Also, are the cracked hinges still a problem?
EDIT : Also, can anybody link me to a site with cases for the DSL?
about the cracked hinges just avoid buying it in white color and you are sure it won't have probs at all. The problem is/was only in the white version of DS lite, dunno if they solved it now...

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShiningSaber said:
ezflashyh1.png

This is what my EZflash looks like. Will that fit in my Lite okay or stick out?
Sorry for the bad quality, but I couldn't find a picture on the internet so I had to use my printers scanner
tongue.gif
Are you using that with your original DS?

If you are then it will stick out of a lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1